Annual Meeting

by sove 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I am keeping tabs on some of the AM in this post (off-site).

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

You got to be joking! Again with the locusts?

I liked the old Woodworth application of “going to and fro” in Daniel to modern steam trains, when are they going to bring that back?

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

They are almost through and nothing about locusts so far.

• BelisemDeBelimakom
    BelisemDeBelimakom
    Annual meeting was held on September 11, according to the latest Update #8.
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    I think it was live this morning, broadcasted from Warwick.
  • St George of England
    St George of England
    Annual meeting was held on September 11, according to the latest Update #8.

That was not the AGM, it was the Gilead Graduation and meal (5:40) AGM should have been today (02-10-21), first Saturday of October.

George

• hoser
    hoser

We had a wealthyish elder in our hall that used to attend the agm. When he would come back the publishers would hang around him to get little scraps of information of what went on. My how the internet has levelled the playing field. We get to know what’s going on in the organization often before the elders do ironically from an anti Jehovah’s Witness web site.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Thank you Bobcat.

Excellent precis and yes, the usual convoluted reasoning as you pointed out.

jtg

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Circa 18 centuries before the the Pennsylvania corporation came into existence a first Annual Meeting took place at Pentecost 33 CE.

I doubt there was a chairman at Pentecost 33 CE. But I bet their was a chairman for this one.

At Pentecost 33 CE they only had 'a' governing body. But 2021, WT has THE Governing Boty.

• waton
    waton
    I doubt there was a chairman at Pentecost 33 CE. But I bet their was a chairman for this one.

AM, you would be surprised there were actually two. the texts read that the 'first voice' switched between Peter and someone else (dont remember the details) it was used by wt inc to introduce the rotating elder arrangement in the early 1970ies.

A surprising arrangement with many benefits for the congregations. The narcissists hated it. soon it was back to the "gifts of god to men" bullies at the top. after 1975, downhill it went.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit