Have You Isolated Yourself Because of the Virus 🦠?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

My wife and me are both over 70, have health problems, and up until last week I was a smoker, so very vulnerable. We have been isolating since 12th March, all food and booze is delivered. The main problem is boredom, and that "caged" feeling.

For me, it was a great thing to sit outside and have a smoke, god I miss my Cigars ! it passed the time, and relaxed me, but, I know it made me more vulnerable, so had to stop.

I walk daily, and always meet some nice people, stay 6 feet apart, and have a chat, so it isn't too bad, just miss days out by the Sea, eating in Restaurants, drinking in Pubs, and....... my Cigars !

Really though, I am grateful that it is all not too painful at all, the only thing that makes me ache, is not being able to see and cuddle my grand kids, but even that will come back.

• minimus
    minimus

Rub u say it’s 5 o’clock somewhere. We don’t even know what day it is anymore!!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

We don’t even know what day it is anymore!!

Min ...

You are so right. My wife even got confused yesterday. She asked me if it was Wed or Thur. I honestly had click on the calendar on the computer and see what day was highlighted.

That is no joke.

Rub a Dub

• caves
    caves
    Minnimus-Caves, please don’t give up hope

I'm a little better, I think.

I'm sorry everyone. I was at the beginning of a bad panic attack that lasted all night and half of today. I have been watching to many news outlets from all over the states and the globe, then searching for a spot in the mountains if it comes to that and sent me over the edge. I just have to back off for a bit.

Again sorry for not catching the signals sooner. I only realized I was in the beginning throws of a panic attack right after I posted. How embarrassing. So sorry. Stay safe everyone.

• minimus
    minimus

Caves👍👍

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

We've pretty much quarantined ourselves. One person goes grocery shopping. We set up a small table outside for take out and one table inside to carefully transfer food on sanitized dishes. Then we sanitize everything and wash our hands about every 1/2 hour.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Much the same here...U K is in lockdown mode so there is nowhere to go even if you were to go out. The rules are that you stay indoors ( at least people of a surtain age)

I appreciate those essential services still working, not only the health workers , God bless them, but dustmen, grocery deliveries, power workers etc . Where would we be without them?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I've been given provision to work from home. We only go out for shopping once a week and to walk the dog - keeping well away from others... but there's hardly anyone out anyway.

At first working from home was enjoyable. But now I'm finding that I end up just working solid 8:30-5 without a break because I'm already home and if my phone rings I just answer it and deal with the issue.

Really need to get into a routine I think.

• millie210
    millie210

(((Hugs))) Caves!

This is a challenging time for everyone, you are not alone. Your going out into the "wild" so to speak to make a plan is a very primal response and nothing to be ashamed of.

I myself have decided to limit my intake of the news because it's not helping me. If it doesn't serve you - eliminate it.

I check a few updates like our Covid thread here and let it go at that. The media is loving the action and excitement even though I am sure as individuals they are worried also.

For the media, this Covid thing is like when a hurricane is coming. If you are a Florida TV weatherman.....its your Oscar moment!

Better to not feed my mind that junk food I think

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit