Have You Isolated Yourself Because of the Virus 🦠?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, I have some N95 masks and some N99 ones with replacement filters. There are also lots of instructions online for making your own masks that are effective so anyone with a sewing machine can help not just friends, family and neighbours but anyone they come across - maybe your delivery drivers would appreciate them or you could check your local medical facilities (if you're dandy with your machine and can make a good number).

Everything helps if you can prevent yourself getting it and help avoid other people catching or spreading it too.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm disabled and housebound. I haven't been out since my last doctor's appointment on December 27th. I am also high risk for death upon infection. My husband is the one who does the shopping, and for weeks I've insisted that he carries bleached antiseptic wipes to wipe down everything before he touches them while going in and out of the store, back into the van, and coming back into our house. He started also wearing rubber gloves about a week ago, and wore a bandana over his face for the first time yesterday. He has industrial masks that protect against mist but wants to wait until things get worse. We live in a rural area and have a relatively low number of confirmed cases.

• just fine
    just fine

I haven’t been anywhere populated except the grocery store since 3/1. I do have some N95 masks and am sewing some other masks, I haven’t worn them until now. I do take the dog for walks, but do not interact with anyone.

My company is considered essential so we are all still working. I work from home normally and travel, so now am just working from home.

I can’t wait for this to be over. I see some of my neighbors still having lots of people over and play dates for their kids and think have you not seen what’s going on?

There is still an air of this can’t happen here as we are rural. The local tiny hospital has already said if you get corona virus don’t come here, we can’t help you.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

We were supposed to be on a sunny Vacation for the last couple of weeks but that all went out the window with Covid19. We stayed home instead and went for drives to the ocean, the mountains or just out and around various trails in our area where we could stay away from others. I have a new little van that I've converted into a road trip camper so we brought what we needed and got ourselves out of the house but managed to stay away from people except to get gas.

Now they're kind of indicating that we could be questioned if we're spotted out and about without good reason.

My wife works in a hospital lab and is back to work today and even though I'm isolating myself, she could bring something home. She's going to change and shower in the bathroom just off the garage before coming into the main house and I'm going to sleep in the guest room for a while, just in case.

Our Son and his wife are expecting a baby in 9 weeks and we have had to stay away from them and our 2 little grand babies so Mom doesn't get anything while she's pregnant. That's been the hardest part for us. Thankfully there's FaceTime but it's not quite the same.

• millie210
    millie210

Love that van idea Pete. I have always wanted to do that!

I have self isolated except for judicious shopping for supplies. I go at the crack of dawn when the store opens and not many people are around. I dont mask or glove because I want to save the masks and gloves for if needed (so far in my area it isnt).

I got tired pretty fast of the wet wipes with long chemical names and also they felt slimy and very thin plus they are overpriced and now they are non-existant!

So it was make my own time! (I'm waiting for my son, a long time prepper, to tell me he is so proud of me)

I tried a couple of different ideas before I found one I liked. I like the one below because it is 3 ingredients (one being water - easy enough) and because it has a high alcohol content.

These are so big and luxurious we all love them. I have been making them for everyone.

Here is the video with the proportions I like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-69iYP8_28

I put mine in a plastic Folgers coffee container, make an X across the top of the lid and then fan it open and pull the first wipe through for pop up dispensing.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I have and it is really starting to stink. Tomorrow (April 2) will be two weeks was the last day my husband worked, so now we only venture out when we have to, which is about once a week.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Been doing more 4x4 trail riding. Wife goes with me. It's the only time I am allowed out of the house. I wanted to spend more time fishing but she is afraid that there may be too many other people at the marina. I doubt it but if you are not allowed to go to work and have a boat, that may be the case. The public marinas are closed but I have mine in a smaller private one that at least now is still open. I still have about 75 gallons of fuel in it so I am good for a few trips if I don't go too far and not have to spend anything else, other than some bait. Hopefully, bring some fish home.

She seems to be softening on the boat part but insists that if I do end up going, she is going too. I guess I am not trustworthy ... lol.

Rub a Dub

• caves
    caves

yes, and it taking its toll. I don't think I will survive this.

i went yesterday to near where my pets are buried in the mountains to see if its still excess-able, Its where i lived during the worst of the ptsd attacks. its a hell of a road but i doubt anyone would find me for a long time.

i went to check out spots to live or hunker down if i cant stay here.may not choose that spot but its still excess-able. since the state is stopping people from going into parks ect... lots of old logging roads not many are familiar with. As I sat there yesterday i never thought it would be a possible reaity for long term living. Not like this. depression/anxiety and panic is setting in despite my best efforts. i want to disappear for good this time.

listening to nature, and its high enough that I pick up a canadian jazz station in bc. yea.

not doing so well.

• minimus
    minimus

Caves, please don’t give up hope

• newsheep
    newsheep

We have isolated ourselves. People out here in the country are not getting it yet. Still parties going on. The neighbor and his daughter were on the road for two weeks. He's a trucker and they went to Saskatchewan and got back last night.. Didn't self isolate and tonight had a bunch over. I asked her brother if they are self isolating and he said what for, they were in the truck for two weeks but he would have had to gas up and they tried to find a washroom but no one would let them use theirs. The one gal is a nurse where there was an outbreak at her hospital and her and her daughter had shown up for the party. People are not listening at all out here.

Went to the grocery store and it was jammed pack with people. Told the store owner that stores are to make sure only so many come into the store and they are to be at least six feet apart. He said there's nothing he can do about it that he thinks the best thing would be is to shut the store down. I told him his store is and essential but he was fed up with how the people are acting. We go grocery shopping once a month now and get our milk from the dairy farmer. He's always in the barn so we have no contact. In return we give him some meat products.

Hope all of you stay safe and warm. Look out for your neighbors in need. I think the elderly are more in shock watching all this unfold. Over and over I hear stories where they haven't seen anything like this. Not even in the war. They say that yes some died but not like this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit