Have You Isolated Yourself Because of the Virus 🦠?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

We're isolated because them's the rules here in NZ. There is lots of stuff to do on our property and our hobbies keep us both busy, so we won't be going stir crazy any time soon, but it would be nice to take the boat out to catch some fish, (not allowed). I'd stocked up on bait and chum before the lockdown thinking I was being clever :D

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Too damn right we have .Especially at our age we cant take this virus lightly .I sit on the front porch or the back deck and watch the world go by either with a beer in hand or a glass of wine in hand depending on what time in the A/noon I`m sitting there.

A greeting and a wave every now and then just to try and keep some sense of normality and being interactive with folks as much as possible as they walk their dogs etc.

And of course keeping in touch over the phone with close friends when possible .

Only going out for whats needed ,such as booze # 1 priority and food & toilet paper in that order .

Take care and stay safe all you lot ,it will pass ,eventually and hopefully we are all still here.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

I am going ou tevery day , early in the morning for a walk and a run for 4 miles.I have lots of stuff to keep me busy ,am doing them at a relaxed pace.

When out shopping perhaps every 3 weeks, I wear disposable gloves.when done with them throw them in the bin near the supermarket itself. then use a handsanitiser too. Gte back home wash my hands, face ,anything exposed well in soap water. Dry with a small towel, then it goes straight into the wash right away. May be this is a little OTT but I have the time and what have I got to lose!

Also anything that is plastic wrapped or in containers, bottles etc I apply soapy water on them and leave them for 20 minutes.Then clean them all with clean water, just incase someone who is a carrier has handled it.

I do not touch anything outside, take a strong stick to knock on anyones door if essential, I normally used to pick up litter when I saw it, not anymore coz who might have touched it.

OTT but essential nonetheless. Prevention is better than No Cure!

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

By the way I still am door knocking (just cant give up this jdumb habit) to see if the elderly need anything form the shops. I clean everything that I touch and only then leave it at their doorstep .

Zing

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

As a follow-up on my earlier comments about the situation here in Florida, the idiot Governor on Monday said there is no reason to shut down the State since some areas in the north and west have relatively little exposure. He made it clear that there is no need to do the shutdown statewide.

From what we hear on the local news, he got a call from Trump and the next day came on TV, did a 180, and is shutting everything down at midnight.

After the Spring break fiasco, he again looked like an ass trying to talk his way around it.

Rub a Dub

• minimus
    minimus

Florida will have more depression than most places. No fun. No sun. Just stay indoors.

What about walking the dog? Is everything banned?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't really have that luxury with the job I have. But, I have been disinfecting whatever shopping carts I use for my work. Also, I wash my hands with soap and water for the full 20 seconds instead of 8-10 seconds, and use hand sanitizer to disinfect the finger scanner on my time clock before using it. And, I take advantage of the hand sanitizer dispensers where I shop--not so much to protect myself, but to protect others in case I might be carrying coronavirus or some random strain of the flu that might make it worse for others (I remember that, while I expect no sickness or a mild sickness, some people can and do die from this).

What I have been doing is to regularly stock up on things I might need in a supply disruption. Originally I thought it would be the duration of a quarantine (2-4 weeks). Then, as reported shortages came, I upped it to 6-8 weeks, then 8-14, and now I am trying to build up to a full 26 week stock-up against the communism that is coming in the wake of this virus. This will not so much stop me from getting the virus, as prevent me from getting into a fight or having a food shortage.

And I do take my vitamins. There are plenty of vitamins, minerals, and herbs that could make this into a "Oh wow, that didn't even hurt!" event instead of a trip to the hospital. Zinc gluconate, astragalus, oregano oil, echinacea, elderberry extract, schisandra berry powder, and lycopene are all on the list (I recommend 15-50 mg zinc as gluconate or chelated and no zinc oxide which cannot be used, and if you take zinc, make sure your magnesium levels are also good). Most vitamin C and zinc has disappeared from store shelves, but I usually have a 2 year supply of these against a time when vitamins will become illegal.

I am not really that worried about even getting it. It seems that every year my state has a period of widespread flu. I never take a flu shot, yet I never get the flu either. If the flu is so sloppy in catching me, I don't even expect the coronavirus to hit me either. But if it does, I still have the vitamins so I am that much more likely to just have a 2 week vacation instead of a 6 week stay at the hospital.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Is everything banned?

Min ...

No, you can still go out and walk or exercise but you must keep 6' away from others.

Quite frankly, what they consider "necessary" or "essential" has a very wide range of meanings.

The basics (food stores, pharmacies, gas stations, restaurants [to go], all "to go" food places, many companies [you just have to provide service or produce something that sounds essential] are open, Where my wife works, they make some stuff for the government at times so they are considered essential. If you are anywhere in the supply chain of servicing, supplying, making or otherwise involved with something essential you can remain open.

But then I walked by a nearby park and there were a 8 or 10 guys playing a pick-up game of basketball. I don't know, I really don't know.

It is really a greyish grey area.

Rub a Dub

• minimus
    minimus

Stay safe my friend

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Min ...

I am. My wife is seeing to it, I guess.

I am on a short leash.

At least one of the biggest food chains here, Publix, has free delivery on wine and beer. Now that I have more time at home, I may just have to get a few 6 packs of the craft beers I haven't tried yet.

Now that I think about it, a good IPA would be really good now. It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit