Do they officially give marking talks without telling the one marked?

by Wakanda 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jp1692
    jp1692

I was an elder for over two decades in several congregations with “friends” in many more. This question came up from time-to-time.

The subject(s) of a “marking talk” would NEVER be told about it before or after. If they were bold enough to ask if it was about them, the usual answer would be something like, “Why do you ask? Did it seem to be about you?”

And yet the talk had to be specific enough so that—without actually naming names—everyone in the congregation would know exactly who it was about and why without leaving any doubts.

It’s such a humiliating and manipulative way to publicly shame a person leaving them with absolutely no dignity or chance to defend themselves or correct any false accusations.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

Cults, eh?

• Done
    Done

Crazy guy. "Involved" was my pg-13 way of saying we had sex and she gave me a bj

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Kinda silly if you ask me. What if the marked person happens to miss the meeting that night? They may never know what happened. I think think might have found an answer in this for my own experiences. Thanks!

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

This is after my time. I'm curious as to what takes place.

• zeb
    zeb

yes they do because they don't have the testicular fortitude to front some people and a marking talk allows the smug elderettes to feel even more smug because they will know who its aimed at.

• stillin
    stillin

Yes, the talk should make it obvious to anybody close to the offending person. Then, the "unmarking" consists of the r&f seeing an elder having casual association with the marked one. This indicates the "positive" change of attitude in the corrected one.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Zeb
    yes they do because they don't have the testicular fortitude to front some people and a marking talk allows the smug elderettes to feel even more smug because they will know who its aimed at.

Exactly, plus I thought as Christians you were supposed to: Mathew 18.15

"If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over."

Not muck spread to every man and his dog behind your back.!

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Yup, had a marking talk done on me by the CoBE without any warning - as revenge for justifiably reporting him and his fellow wolves to the Branch. It's wonderful to get such self-condemnatory evidence that the congregation was & is ruled over by such latter-day Pharisees & intellectual pygmies!

"Princes," gifts in men," & "glorious ones?" Delusional & evil minded scum-bags who are legends in their own minds.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I quoted that scripture at Matt 18:15 to the coordinater when accused of "being on apostate sites" by a former employee. I said she should have come to me first to discuss it.

The elder snapped back at me "IT DOESNT APPLY FOR CASES OF APOSTASY!"

right.... ok then...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit