Do they officially give marking talks without telling the one marked?

by Wakanda 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

My PIMI (physically in, mentally in) friend believes she was marked without them telling her. I believe her, and she has been making work for the elders. She is a pain in their arse, and they are a pain in hers, which is great.

Is this official, or just another secret control mechanism? What do you think or know?

Thanks in advance.

Wakanda

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone

Whether it happens and whether it's supposed to happen are two different things. I imagine the more self-righteous elders have no qualms about doing it, but whether or not it's 'by-the-book', I have no idea.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes they have been this for along time, the talk involves separating yourself from spiritually weak ones or people who behave in a unchristian like manner, even to those within the congregation.

This is general talk to all in the congregation.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

They sure do.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Thanks all.

Fink, All too familiar with that stuff. My parents used that excuse to be lazy and not let us hang our with anyone. Well, except for people that lived far away and could not get together with us often. This talk was quite specific though, so much so that I cannot even mention the topic. Please except my apology.

More confused, thanks for the affirmation. This is leading to some major pre-shunning for my friend, and I have mixed emotions as it is hard for her. But, then it may help open her eyes.

Thanks Fred. Great name btw!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes!

I was told they did it about me. To the point where it was painfully obvious who they were speaking about.

I am still contemplating making good on my threats of legal action for "maligning and slandering my name and reputation"

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

They never have told the person being marked that they are going to be marked from a policy point of view...they are not supposed to.

They just give a talk and the person being marked is supposed to repent, others who know the situation then shun the one they know is marked and others if they have no clue just carry on as normal but if they learn of whatever wrong conduct was mentioned they then shun the person doing the wrong conduct.

• Done
    Done

Yes. They definitely give marking talks without telling the one they are marking.

An elders daughter and I got 'involved'. - we were both in our 20's. Marking talks at multiple halls in the area. A friend from a hall that had her meeting on Tuesday called me and said 'omg, you'll never believe what the local needs was.... And proceeded to describe my relationship with the elders daughter. No one knew we were dating.l

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Done , why would they mark you for dating?

I had a friend that was marked for dating lots of girls and then not marrying any of them. I don’t believe he was told because he was present during the meeting. He soon changed congregations.

• Fred Franztone
    Fred Franztone
    That's called jealousy, it's the reason most people become JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit