Disfellowshipped for apostrophe!

by slimboyfat 41 Replies latest members campaign

• Listener
    Listener

The Elder in charge was calm, he's an older Elder and has probably been through this countless times.

It was pretty nasty when they started discussing why Mark had never experienced 'love bombing', even suggesting that an altercation he had with one Elder a few weeks before was his fault.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I'd like to be DF for Quotation Marks!

• steve2
    steve2

This is an apostrophe ' a single grammatical

indicator

An apostrophe is not this " which is a quotation mark or in some places known as speech marks.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

The local needs talk speaker ends with if any of you have been affected by the things in this talk please feel free to talk to the elders. This is code for we welcome any ratting on your brothers and sisters, please come forward.

• Half banana
    Half banana

This makes me think that the best way to be an awake JW is not to immediately get yourself judged by the elders. Any encounter is not about facts but one matter alone; loyalty to God's fictional organisation. Going to elders with ideas not originating with the gb just gets you branded as a pariah.

Instead would it not be better to set the cat among the pigeons by asking 'enlightening' questions, sincerely of course, to get the brothers and sisters to reason for a change and direct them the stupidity of trusting JW fallacies.

The method the JW org use to put officials off their scent is make ambiguous statements, this can be done by awake JWs to demonstrate an alternative view. Juxtaposing a comment on how bad the world is but reading out figures to show the contrary--murder rates historically dropping, earthquakes no greater in this generation (or whichever overlapped generation!) Overplaying the role of the gb as perfect leaders or exposing the falseness of armageddon by saying it is on the doorstep, things which will make the r+f question Watchtower misinformation.

The idea being not one of confrontation with the elders who represent the gb but to wake up others. Of course if you are an elder you are even better placed to use your subtle wisdom to point to TTATT.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Going to elders with ideas not originating with the gb just gets you branded as a pariah.
    The problem I think is that when things start to feel 'wrong' it is natural for r+f members to ask elders for help. It's only later once they've been branded an apostate that they realise it's hopeless and you're not allowed to ask questions. Brothers do go to elders with scriptures thinking they can have a scriptural discussion, not knowing this is forbidden.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard

I'll check him out

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    slimboyfat - "As the elders became increasingly aware that Mark is apostate, and filming their interactions, their responses became more hostile."

"Stop exposing the Society's inadequacies!!!"

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Mark started his videos reasonably sensible but he appeared a bit off his rocker by the end. Listening to him explain Jehovah to the policeman was particularly surreal.

I wish he hadn't been as aggressive with the elders or at the KH. It will only reinforce that apostates are lunatics. Plus it's not a great idea to take the high moral ground while lying about recording people. Maybe in a JC that's justified because of the situation. But ordinary people at the KH don't deserve to be recorded against their will.

I hope someone has got copies of all these videos because I reckon the local congregation will try to take it down.

He said Bruce has got a recording of his JC too. Is that going to be uploaded? Bruce oh Bruce, where are you.

• steve2
    steve2

What SBF said:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit