Disfellowshipped for apostrophe!

by slimboyfat 41 Replies latest members campaign

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

https://youtu.be/GyDJvqYcq44

Is anyone else following Mark on YouTube? It's fascinating stuff.

Basically, as far as I can gather, Mark is an inactive JW from Beverley, in England, who learned TTATT from an active brother called Bruce a few months ago. As a result of learning TTATT, Mark decided to go back to the meetings to ask questions about what he discovered. Mark was especially disappointed by Geoffrey Jackson's responses during the Australian Royal Commission that he stumbled upon on YouTube. So he decided to confront the local elders with some of his questions while covertly filming their answers. His YouTube channel is the fascinating result.

It includes dozens of videos of meetings with elders in his home, on the street, at the Kingdom Hall, and in the back room. As the elders became increasingly aware that Mark is apostate, and filming their interactions, their responses became more hostile. In recent days the atmosphere in the local congregation has become pretty tense and Mark filmed a number of meeting parts, apparently including the Circuit Overseer warning against listening to apostates, and a local needs item on apostasy. It's particularly interesting to hear elders admit they don't have answers to Marks's problems, and that they don't care because they believe it's the truth anyway.

One odd moment is when an elder tells Mark (as a joke?) that he should have brayed (hit?) his son more as a child to discipline him. Then the elder immediately realises he's been filmed and regrets saying it.

Mark himself started out quite friendly with the JWs but he's become a bit more aggressive in recent videos. He's probably near the end of the road now in terms of getting DFed. He's been pretty realistic this will be the outcome all along.

Any day now Mark will no doubt announce that he's been "disfellowshipped for apostrophe!" (Sorry Mark I just found it amusing how you pronounce the word "apostasy". It sounds like apostrophe, no disrespect intended)

I recommend watching all his videos from start to finish, if you've got the time, I've watched most of them. They hang together well as a story: he's done a good job. I can't say I agree with filming people covertly or the approach he's taken, but it does throw up some fascinating interactions.

And the question all his viewers are wondering: will we ever see Bruce?

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

If Bruce is an active brother I doubt he will be seen any time soon

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Bruce is well and truly identified as apostate by the local elders by this point. Watch the videos!

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

Will do, thanks for clearing that up!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Search "Witness Nomore" on YouTube to find his channel. Go to the videos tab and watch from bottom to top to get them chronologically.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Oh spoke too soon. Mark has been DFed for apostrophe!

All the videos are up now.

https://youtu.be/78bZsNcHtTI

• Listener
    Listener

I don't think his JC or appeal are up yet.

• jaydee
    jaydee

Yeah, I'm watching too.... He mentions about some interaction with the police.

I would like to see that video.

• jaydee
    jaydee

His judicial's are up now.....at the start, the elders are laughing about being recorded ... lol

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Ha! Yeah that was funny. Mark said can the three elders sit together where he can see them. And Gordon said, "is this for the camera?"

I have to say the elders don't come off that bad in the JC itself. Except from the whole situation of course.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit