RC 2017

by wifibandit 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I was at a meeting this Tuesday when I heard the letter announcing the 'Don't Give Up' RC 2017 theme. Funny thing though...the congregation has 150 publisher members and only 85 were in attendance. Apparently, in this congregation, about 65 JWs are already showing signs of having giving-up on 'Mother'! :)

• blondie
    blondie

Well JWGoneBad, it is a holiday week, most schools are closed around here and 24 and 25 fell on the weekend and the 31 and 1 on the weekend too. Many people get additional time off when the holidays fall on the weekend. 5 days vacation this week, 2 weekends, and 4 more days = 13 days. I know many jws that take a long vacation now.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Blondie it's true, it is the holiday season. However low meeting attendance within the JW organization is chronic year round...holiday or no holiday. High meeting absenteeism is affecting most congregations. My guess is that meeting attendance is going to be hit hard at the 'Don't Give Up' RCs. It won't help though, cause JW meetings are so damn repetitive, boring and a waste of one's time. One can only take so much of the Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah chant...from opening prayer to closing prayer that's all that's heard!

• suavojr
    suavojr

Another boring spiritual festivities... they will come out with some scary and gloomy future, guve the audience their dose of guilt, and hold the carrot in front of the jdubs while making sure they give their donations.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

How desperate!

Wow.....they are truly dumbing down things now days...and that does not even keep people in!

How is "Don't give up!" supposed to prevent those who have educated themselves to TTATT (the truth about the truth) from leaving?

Seriously, can you imagine someone who has learned all number of disturbing facts about the society being swayed to stay after that convention theme?

• schnell
    schnell

I can imagine that my old friends heard the theme and think the big A is super close, since they do know someone close to them who gave up.

I'll be here when they come around.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Don`t Give Up"

Damn.....Now that's funny!.....LOL!!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Matt .24:12 "and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off."

That will be their spin ,to convince the R&F that we are in the last days. So don`t give up .

In the Bible their is a scripture for every occassion no matter what religious denomination you attend or believe in .Their is a lot of truth in the statement that the Bible is an instrument that you can play any tune on.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    smiddy: Their is a lot of truth in the statement that the Bible is an instrument that you can play any tune on.

Good point!

Yep, and the WTBTS has attempted to play many a tune with the Bible but always comes across offbeat! They should of stopped along time ago and just focused on real estate ventures! :) :) :)

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Offbeat...just to name a few: There are...

(1) The blood doctrine.

(2) The disfellowshipping and shunning doctrine.

(3) The overlapping generation teaching.

(4) The 1914 doctrine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit