Anyone recall someone disfellowshipped for gluttony???

by James Mixon 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Eating is the only enjoyment for JW's, so I understand.

• Hecce
    Hecce

No, I never seen gluttony treated as a judicial sin.

If I remember correctly being extremely obese is a disqualifying factor for Convention speakers; someone else might remember this.

Corrected for better understanding

• jp1692
    jp1692
    Hecce: If I remember correctly being overweight is a disqualifying factor for Convention speakers

Well that can't be true. If it were, most of the GB would be disqualified. Oh, I almost forgot: they are not held to the same rules as the rest of us.

Nevermind!

• Chook
    Chook

It's interesting that the bible puts gluttony on par with drunkeness, let him who has never over eaten throw the first stone.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

The seven Deadly sins are those transgressions which are fatal to spiritual progress (how about fatal to your health) ,(1)Pride (2)envy (3) gluttony (4) lust (5) anger (6) greed (7) sloth (the avoidance of physical or spiritual work). One deadly sin would cover all..Stupidity.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

JWs are discouraged from participating in physical exercise ("bodily training") and are told that "godly devotion" is more beneficial for now and in for the future. This has resulted in quite a number of them getting ill and developing ailments, such as hypertension, diabetes, congestive heart failure, strokes and the like (the above has occurred to approximately 30 people from my past congregations within the previous 25-30 years, 20 of them now deceased as a result!).

No one should allow any man (or woman) to discourage he/she from taking good care of oneself--especially from the ones in "hierarchy" positions who are making personal decisions over members in the organization for selfish reasons and because they are in a quest for power!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Anyone recall someone disfellowshipped for gluttony???

Oh Hell No!

Wheres My Gawddamn`d Turkey Dinner?!!

Image result for Watchtower mark sanderson.Image result for Giant turkey dinner

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

my mother was overweight, but not obese, that would've been funny if the Borg did start dumping folks because of that, their numbers would've dropped dramatically and like I mentioned my mom was overweight, so I guess she would've been called in the back room for counsel to start a serious diet. . . what a bunch of morons!! and of course the ones holding those meetings would be overweight themselves, but, oh, they were appointed elders by the holy spirit, yeah, ok, sure, . . .bunch of morons

• _Morpheus
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Do you recall any Wt or Awake articles on the subject watch what you eat,, watch your blood pressure, your sugar intake, walking is good for your health, how to reduce stress(well forget about that one we know the solution,leave the borg). I believe if a elder approach someone about their weight they may get cursed out, you may talk to me about what my mate and I do in our marriage bed but not my food intake...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit