What’s The Worst Thing About Jehovah’s Witnesses?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Biahi
    Biahi

I didn’t know I have PTSD until I read the symptoms in AARP magazine.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

1Child Abuse Cover-ups

2Gossip;

3Too intrusive n Judgy at the drop of a hat.

Zing

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

The worst thing about the JWs is the amount of trust they put in their fellow witnesses and the GB. Before any would argue with this, think about the child abuse issues that is going on, and being exposed. When the higher ups say shun, the members don't bother asking why, they just do.

As far as the amount of trust, my husband personally of a case where a brother was waking and he got picked up by another brother. The brother who was driving the car was murdered by the one he picked up. When the authorities caught the murder, the reason was because he wanted the car. There are a few other cases, but I won't bother talking about those, all involving current JWs at the time of the crime.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

The worst trait of Jehovah's Witnesses?

The fact that every JW is trained to be a potential spy & character assassin of other JW's who either commit a sin or who express any "negative" thoughts about the org or its teachings. Elders take the lead in this!

Cult, cult, cult.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

In a nutshell, the insidiously controlling, intrusive nature of the organisation

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

The worse thing about JWs is telling ( particularly)poor, underprivileged JWs not to get an education and to spend all their time working for a rich, American publishing company to the detriment of they and their family’s financial well-being.

Also, of course, sacrificing the one and only life they will ever have over an egotistical, over bearing , over weight lawyer’s take on an ancient blood sacrifice cult’s laws. Ie the blood doctrine.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    ZNMD There are a few other cases, but I won't bother talking about those, all involving current JWs at the time of the crime.

Oh, but of course they weren’t real jehovahs witnesses!! Oh boy whichever way something is cults have it covered!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FROZEN2018:

Even though there are many things wrong with the Witness religion, and everything everybody else has said is correct - in MY opinion the demonizing of college education and good jobs/careers is the worst.

Thank God I never listened to this crap. It was tantamount to saying people should jump from a plane without a parachute and they would magically be caught in some divine net. Sorry, but I wasn’t buying it. (I also saw older affluent JWs and said to myself, WTF? I guess poverty wasn’t for THEM.)

Nothing is worse than somebody getting to senior years without financial preparation. This is INSANITY and I’m sorry that any young Witnesses are falling for this today! Even though materially well-off JWs can be emotionally damaged by the religion, JWs who never provided for their future are in a worse predicament.

I’m just so grateful I wasn’t raised a JW and kept my job until retirement. I also do not want to be around all the desperate people in the congregations who are at or near retirement age! I hope brothers with businesses can help them out.

• minimus
    minimus

Excellent comments!!!

Most Witnesses cannot bear to say or believe that they are in a cult. I didn’t want to believe that either. I would say “cult like “ but it would kill me to say I was raised in a “ cult”. But it’s true. Jehovah’s Witnesses are s cult. You have no real freedom. If you attempt to show your independence, you will quickly see you are under the control and direction of the elders and the Governing Body , which sounds so cultish as I type it.

• blondie
    blondie

I could write a book about it, but I won't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit