What’s The Worst Thing About Jehovah’s Witnesses?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Witnesses brag about their brotherhood and incredible love that exists within the Organization. They say they are really the only true religion.

Is the JW religion the closest thing to Jesus Christ himself?

(I ask these questions with the hope of helping a Witness see the light).

• Maria Nieves
    Maria Nieves

I was a study and am aware that Jehovah Witnesses state that their religion is the one true religion. They also brag about the love that is given and received within the congregation. However, I have experienced this to not be true.

The day after the memorial, it was gossip about who was present at the memorial but was not an active Jehovah Witness. There were also talks about the length of time that the person had spent not attending the Kingdom Hall and how the person must feel guilt.

In addition, when I used to attend the Kingdom Hall, I often came across gossip in regards to someone being the son/daughter of a Jehovah Witness but that person would not attend the Kingdom Hall consistently or was not working towards baptism.

The only love among brother that I saw was with those who were active Jehovah Witnesses, were pioneers, had multiple studies and those studies would attend the meetings, would always participate in the WatchTower and would never miss a meeting. The rest were negatively spoken about.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

The worst thing about Jehovah's Witnesses, as an organization, is that it has resulted in millions of people who have ignored their own God given potential so they could focus on a fairy tale where they end up living forever in Paradise playing with their very own pet lion. It breaks a heart seeing people I've known my entire life reach old age and have to continue working some menial job because they have little or nothing set aside for their inevitable golden years because they failed to acknowledge, much less plan for, that outcome. I'd like to think that every young person starting down the path of JW.org disappointment would look at the elderly generation of the faithful and ask themselves, "Is that really all I want out of life?"

• arwen
    arwen
    Conditional love. Doesn’t matter how close a family member or close friends. When you leave they are done with you no matter how much they “loved” you. 😥😥
  • jp1692
    jp1692

The WTBTS ruins lives and destroys families all for beliefs in lies that only serve to enrich and empower the leaders of the cult.

What they do is harmful and what they believe is not true. It really is just that simple.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Arwen,

If it’s conditional, it ain’t love!

jp

• jotnar1
    jotnar1

As far as I an concerned the Watchtower society has 8.5 million loyal cult members. They have no idea they are in a cult. Because cult members never do.

When I started waking up, I used everything I could online. I read this and other forums (although I rarely actually posted back then) I used the exjw reddit. And I used www.jwfacts.com. I also explored what the BITE model is. I believe Jehovah's Witnesses are definitely a cult.

The governing body tells the rank and file they should not investigate what they are told. Thinking for yourself is not allowed.

If you leave the organization and you are baptized you will be shunned . Contrary to what you will be told by witnesses , friends and family will shun you if you leave after being baptized. There are many stories online.

• Maria Nieves
    Maria Nieves

The Watchtower Society may have 8.5 million members but not all of those individuals believe the truth to be the truth.

I am sure that this webpage has several active Jehovah Witnesses who believe that the truth is not the truth.

People should have the freedom to believe what they want to believe and to live their lives as they wish to live it as long as they are not hurting themselves or someone else.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

The continual destruction of critical thinking, all while claiming what the WTBTS encourages is critical thinking ( except for anything in contrast with the WTBTS teachings of course.)

The cognitive dissonance, it destroys people and people's relationships.

Edited t add, I just read Brokeback's post about compartmentalization. That is the word better used to describe the cognitive dissonance. It is the result of the conflicting thoughts or beliefs that ultimately will destroy a persons thinking ability, and also ability to relate.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

The fear-mongering they do to little kids.

Anyone raised in this cult will likely have some form of PTSD after leaving and will need help with their anxiety episodes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit