Can you believe the opening song at the memorial tonight?!

by Indian Larry 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I heard at the local Kingdom Hall they played this as an opening song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOqgPrJHheI

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Don't get my dub family started about the "stupid new songs" (quote) and they are the most loyal of loyal believers in "the Truth". They just can't stand these new ditties and on a night like yesterday they miss the "good old songs".... I think they have a better grasp of musicality then they would credit themselves for.

BTW if Drearyweather, or anyone else, wants to defend the WTS then that is fine by me. This meant to be a discussion forum and we can disagree respectfully

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Instead the opening song was a song of praise to the governing body/anointed . . . published by the governing body.

Faithful to their commission,

They gather the other sheep.

To the Lamb they are loyal.

His commandments they keep.

(CHORUS)

A special possession,

They’re a people for your name.

They love you. They praise you.

As one they declare abroad your fame.

Let`s bring their overfed fat ass`s a sandwich.

Make It A Really Big Sandwich!

I CAN STILL SEE MY FEET!!
    Image result for Watchtower mark sanderson

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Outlaw

.....and the ending song was " Give Praise And Glory To Are False Prophet Leaders "

• clarity
    clarity

With all the failed `prophecy` and new crap they keep spewing out ... nothing is left of the bits that made WT seem attractive.

All the Old Timers from the 1960`s would turn over in their graves to see & hear who they bow down to now! The gb is a joke!

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I feel vindicated for not going. I would have stuck a pencil into my brain if I heard that nonsense.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Me to Fadetoblack me to!!

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Great point Indian Larry. Shows their true priority is self praise.

• steve2
    steve2

The number was mentioned (15k) here and the speaker said the fact that it is a small number is proof we are in the time of the end.

RichardHaley, are you sure the speaker said 15k? If you check the current Yearbook, the number partaking last year was over 18,000.

The 15k figure is from the 2015 memorial.

• lusitano o tuga
    lusitano o tuga

I believe just a half!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit