Reveal Article, Nov. 16, 2017: Jehovah’s Witnesses’ tab for child sex abuse secrecy: $2M and counting

by AndersonsInfo 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

https://www.revealnews.org/blog/jehovahs-witnesses-tab-for-child-sex-abuse-secrecy-2m-and-counting/

Jehovah's Witnesses' tab for child sex abuse secrecy $2M and counting

By Trey Bundy / November 16, 2017

The Jehovah’s Witnesses’ refusal to hand over internal documentsdetailing alleged child sexual abuse just got more expensive.

A California appeals court last week upheld an order for the religion to pay $4,000 for each day it does not turn over the documents. The tab currently stands at $2 million. The ruling stems from a case in San Diego, where Osbaldo Padron sued the Jehovah’s Witnesses for failing to warn congregants that a child abuser was in their midst.

Padron, a former Jehovah’s Witness, was sexually abused as a child by an adult member of his congregation named Gonzalo Campos. Campos confessed to sexually abusing seven children.

During that time, leaders at the Jehovah’s Witnesses world headquarters in New York – known as the Watchtower – knew that Campos had abused children, according to court documents. Yet they continued to promote him to higher positions of responsibility in his congregation and took no action to prevent further abuse, the documents show.

READ MORE:

https://www.revealnews.org/blog/jehovahs-witnesses-tab-for-child-sex-abuse-secrecy-2m-and-counting/

• cha ching
    cha ching

These articles are helping the public, ex witnesses, and has the potential to wake up active witnesses.

Thank you Reveal News and Trey Bundy

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Thank you for posting this Barbara.

A few years back, I talked with my old pioneer partner. She said she quit the religion when a sister with a young child married a fellow JW who had recently moved into their Hall. None of her Elders told her before she married him that he was a known child abuser. They knew but never mentioned it to her. The inevitable happened.

I sincerely with all my heart want everyone associated with JW..org to wake up and LEAVE.

They protect child molesters! What more information do you need than that???

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Thanks for this post Barb.Trey Bundy does an excellent work in exposing JW suspect policy`s and doctrines and especially exposing their extremely poor child protection programs which are zero.

The two witness rule is a travesty of justice in this modern age that allows abusers to get away with their crimes.

Jehovah`s Witnesses are still living in the dark ages thousands of years behind the modern era.

Do they still want slavery ? That was O.K. back then .How about stoning that also was OK back then ?

Oh and so was crucifying I`m sure many JW`s would like to see that brought back again especially those they deem as apostates ,who in reality only point out the failings of WT/GB doctrines and procedures.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    I sincerely with all my heart want everyone associated with JW..org to wake up and LEAVE.

Absolutely Lois!

Only an organisation with shameful secrets would want to defy the law and refuse to hand over documents. Not only this but defying the law is against Bible teaching, why are they in denial about this?

Is it because there are brothers in positions of authority who will be revealed for their shameful past?

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Wow. This is dynamite.

I would love to get into Watchtower leadership's psychological mindset to try and understand why they are sticking rigidly to their guns. Why don't they simply comply with the law ( the authorities placed in their relative positions by God).

• new boy
    new boy

Good stuff and I'm putting this information my soon to be published book.

Their stink is raising to the heavens!

I'm sure 99%of all Witnesses don't have any idea about this court ruling.

Wouldn't it be fun to take this letter and tape it to the front door of every Kingdom Hall in the US.

I'm going to keep a copy of this letter for the next time JWs are at my door.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

This artical has been picked up by the website of the US news magazine The Week

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/7dei5p/trey_bundy_reveal_jehovahs_witnesses_tab_for/

• Giordano
    Giordano

The problem seems to be that the WTBTS and their followers seem to be fixated on the notion that child sexual abuse is a sin......... not the crime it actually is. They are more then anxious to deal with sins as a religion but can't bring themselves to classify child abuse as a crime.

Of course damage their KH and they will run screaming to the authorities.

But sexually abuse and damage a child and mum is the word.

There is something grossly out of wack with their approach to this crime.....but then again most religions..... even the Boy Scouts........ have tolerated pedophiles and gone out of their way to hush it up.

Sexual abuse is a serious crime. One that leaves a lifetime of hurt.

This $4000 a day issue is telling. Just how bad is their pedophile problem? How far up the chain does it go?

What happens when this becomes common knowledge? It cost the Catholic Church a ton of money and a ton of believers.

What homeowner will open their doors to that smiling JW who comes knocking........... knowing that there is a good chance that they are a sexual predator?

JW's lurking......it's over. The Society is over........ your local KH is over. If you have high moral standards it's time to get out. If you think sexual abuse of children is a minor concern your mistaken.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Surely this is the case I asked about from an earlier thread and asked so have they been paying $4000 a day for two years? Several posters said no they've been appealing it this whole time and paid nothing, but apparently they've already paid $2,000,000.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5683451703328768/jehovahs-witnesses-withheld-info-will-cost-them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit