When you were fully in, did you believe that you would not die?

by TTWSYF 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bobld
    bobld

I never did.I bet $1000.00 that 1975 will come and go like any other

year.I am waiting for my grand.

40 yrs later they are down playing their little game by admitting that

older ones may die before the end.(how sad)

Never the less by reading their latest publications they are pushing

"simplify your life(sell hse),materialism,ministry just like pre 1975.

Can you believe their "this generation" are getting on in years:yet,they will not

all die off before the GT.God's kingdom rules book.Have I not heard this before.

• smiddy
    smiddy

YEP

• prologos
    prologos

When I was fully in, and before, and young, like many young people I was immortal, and lived dangerously to prove it. Dying never entered my mind. Did I doubt it could go on forever, of course not, I survived all those Motorcycle crashes didn't I ? was I working for wt, at 30cts an hour, looking for a reward? no, living was a reward enough, so yes I lived without an end so far. did I believe wt promises? it did not matter.

• James Jack
    James Jack

Oh Yeah, Hook, Line, and Sinker?

Now, struggling with the idea that I will be "Fertilizer" one day!!! "Oh, The Pain", (Spock on a Star Trek episode).

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    "Oh, The Pain", (Spock on a Star Trek episode).

Devil in the Dark - one of my favorites!!!!

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

"Oh, the pain" I think of Dr. Smith on Lost in Space

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Further thoughts on this thread..... Of course we all used to believe it , that was our raison detr'e as J W's. We were the special unique generation . What a privelige ! Remember that Kingdom Song:

"You CAN live forever - It's worth all endeavour " dum de dum.....

However , I have noticed a significant change in recent years. The older ones have given up on the hope. I don't know about the younger ones.

They even joke about it . I heard a silver haired public speaker say from the platform " I used to think I was going to march straight into the New World, now I guess that I will get there via the Underground!

In the August Broadcast , about half way through, Sister Malenfant declares that "My life,the majority of it ,is used up and I have used it to serve Jehovah".... So there we have it from the very top - If you are old now you had better put money aside for a funeral because you ain't gonna live forever....

• Life is to short 2
    Life is to short 2

Dunadie

You are so right about not having kid's because of the religion. Once you realize you really blew it and listened to idiot's it's a hard pill to swallow.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

"You CAN live forever - it's worth all endeavour"

"God's promise is faithful, His word will come true"

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

TTWSYF - Yes "oh the pain, the pain" is Dr Smith!
    I thought he was referencing when Spock had to mind meld with the Horta.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/37lobi0DGwc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit