Change of "look" after leaving the organization

by JH 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    When I became inactive and didn't go to my meetings anymore, I let my beard grow. A few weeks later I met a brother that noticed my beard, and I could tell he was very ill at ease. This was like my way of telling them, "I don't go by your rules anymore".

Same here!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Talking about beards... how many men here have beards?
    ( Sorry ladies, I don't want to know about your beards )

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

After I left, I grew my hair long. I always hated my short hair. I always had a hell of a time styling it. Now that I've grown it long, it's much easier to manage, and it makes my long neck look not-so-long. I also started wearing T-shirts of bands I liked such as Ozzy Osbourne, Nirvana, etc.

Recently, I got my ear pierced and got a tattoo. I've also fattened up again, but that one wasn't an intentional change :)

• zev
    zev

<--------(UM, YUP :-), BUT ITS OFF NOW FOR THE SUMMER MONTHS, TO BE GROWN AGAIN DURNG THE LESS HUMID AND HOT MONTHS.

• unique1
    unique1

My hubby went back to long hair and five o clock shadow, just like when we first met!!!

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

i've changed quite a bit. shoulder length dredlocks, ear rings, two tattoos and pierced nipples. i might loose the piercings soon though....

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Ive always been very conservative of appearance and never been subject to fashion change. Back in the 70s everyone wore flared pants, platform shoes and had shoulder length hair and / or Mutton chop sideburns. I thought they all looked like a bunch of faggots at the time and my major problem was that you couldnt BUY a pair of pants that were not "flared", Everyone looked like a refuge from the partidge family. I used to wear conservative suits and short back and sides hair. I grew a beard once, but it was too itchy so got shaved off.

Ive never worn accessories such as rings, or chains and never owned a watch, let alone pierced my flesh. No tattoos. I might wear a tattoo if I ever saw an original design that was worthy and unique enough of appearance to mark my skiun with it, but I never have seen one worth the effort. Styandard symbols such as eagles, hearts, and snakes etc dont seem worth wearing, to me, because they are...well... standard symbols.

• shamus
    shamus

Yes, I grew a beard. I looked like a hippie, and just stuck with a goatee - clean, not scrubby.

I used to be pretty much bald, but now have my hair in a normal fashion, short, whatever the hell normal is nowadaze.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I have never had the desire to change drastically. I don't want any facial hair, and I don't care for long hair on myself, so I pretty much look the same, just don't do any witness activities.

• Valis
    Valis

Maybe just a little, started growing my hair out and wearing the skate/goth clothes I always wanted to....and then...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit