Rush Limbaugh Is Dead

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• titch
    titch

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this before, but there is one thing that I "took away" from Rush's show, years ago. It involves fortune cookies, that you can get at a "Chinese food" restaurant. I call it "The Limbaugh Method of Reading Fortune Cookie Fortune Strips." This was many years ago, but on one show I heard him tell about how you can put a whole, new "twist" on a fortune strip, but adding two simple words, at the end of your strip. And, those two words are: "In bed." That's right, "in bed." Try that some time, next time you get a fortune cookie, and read the strip inside. (Oh, I suppose that you COULD any two words that you want to, such as, "At home", or "at work", or "at school." But, try the other words that I mentioned.)

At any rate, since this OP is about a radio talk-show host who has recently demised, I have a certain book that might be of interest to people out there. Its title is: "Inside Talk Radio: America's Voice Or Just Hot Air?" The book was written by Peter Laufer, who has spent his entire career in radio and TV broadcast journalism, including being, himself, a host of a talk-radio show; so the book was written from the perspective of a radio personality, not an "outsider." I bought it at a nearby discount-price book store 18 years ago. Have fun with the "fortune" cookies.

Titch.

• Justmemorph
    Justmemorph

"If any race of people should not have guilt about slavery, it's Caucasians. The white race has probably had fewer slaves and for a briefer period of time than any other in the history of the world." -

This is factual.

When Barack Obama was still a Senator, Rush enjoyed playing a song parody ‘Barack the Magic Negro’ on his show- I believe he also played it while obama was president. He also didnt make it up. A black columinist from LA (David Ehrenstein) called obama the “magic negro” in a rant about how america would always be racist. Rush turned it into a joke, which it was.

Its ok Jerr, you can not like anyone you choose not to like, but context matters.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I did not say that Rush created the parody. I said "When Barack Obama was still a Senator, Rush enjoyed playing a song parody ‘Barack the Magic Negro’ on his show, so maybe we could play that at his funeral to remind people what Rush was all about."

We can turn Rush's life story into a parody joke which it is.

• minimus
    minimus

Otwo, the show actually had some humor that evidently not all would appreciate. Being playful is a hell of a lot better than being filled with hate which many espouse simply because a person is a Republican or likes Trump.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

....not simply. You over-simplify.

• Justmemorph
    Justmemorph

😂😂😂 so sensitive, Jerr.... Tell you what, I’ll take your remarks at face value. Playing the song wouldn't bother any one who listened to Rush at all. They would likely smile and reminisce fondly at the memories. Hell, paul shanklin would probably play it live as a tribute.

Whats your point? Do think that song, which id wager a days pay you have never heard, would cast Limbaugh in a bad light? Its amusing to no end when self righteous types get all in a twist over something they have no actual knowledge of, and let themselves be tormented in agony over comedy and parody. By your standard weird al yankovich should be impaled in the most public square available.

But do you jerr. You should be aware, however, that when they come for you, you will indeed be hoisted on the same petard and no amount of pandering will prevent it.

• minimus
    minimus

Just, look at Governor Cuomo. They turned on him like it was nothing, Jerr.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Progressives don't idolize people like people do in the Trump Cult.
    Cuomo has said many of the right things, making him socially progressive. But when it comes to economics, he hasn't acted very progressive.

I know that is confusing to Trump worshippers. They know that he is lying to their face and always saying the right things that people want to hear and always doing what works best for him, his family, his contributors, and not doing whatever he said. They are confused by opposition criticism of Cuomo because Trump worshippers keep worshipping no matter what Trump says or does next.

• minimus
    minimus

Progressives don’t idolize people like people do in the Trump Cult. Lol that’s a knee slapper! That’s a pretty stupid comment about progressives but funny as hell.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

OMG! You think Obama wasn't "idolized"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit