Rush Limbaugh Is Dead

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The conservative icon Rush Limbaugh passed away today. He had lung cancer and finally succumbed to the disease.

What is sad and disgusting is how some people are happy and thrilled that he is gone.

• Biahi
    Biahi

He was actually kind man, underneath all the rhetoric that made his show popular, and made him wealthy. RIP, Rush.

• minimus
    minimus

I listened to him a lot and his audience loved him.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

I listened to Rush once in a while. I disagreed with quite a bit of what he said, but his show was entertaining. He was the greatest at what he did. Lots of imitators came and went since he began in 1988. I'm surprised he lived as long as he did after his diagnosis.

The twitterverse exploded with comments about Rush. I have one question for people who are cheering Rush's death. Did you ever listen to his show? Well, haters gotta hate.

RIP Mr. Limbaugh. Prayers and blessings to your family.

• titch
    titch

Well, OK, he has demised...he has now "assumed room temperature." (That's a phrase that I heard him use, several times.) But, am I thrilled or happy that he is gone? No. I am ambivalent to his passing. Personally, I NEVER, EVER found the man to be "entertaining." I can think of many other radio and TV personalities whose passing I would mourn much more, than his. To me, his existence---or non-existence...on this planet---meant nothing to me. I did not "value" his product---his radio persona---his "schtick", if you will.

A few months ago, on a different "thread" on this Site, I mentioned something. Here in Southern California, he was heard on Radio Station KFI, starting around 1988. And, he was introduced to the radio listening audience by another KFI talk-show host, Tom Leykis, an admitted liberal-minded host on the station at the time. Now, the day after Rush's introductory show on KFI, I heard Leykis tell his listening audience, that he and Rush had gone to dinner the night before, after Leykis' show was over. And, during that dinner, according to Leykis, Limbaugh said to Tom that he, Rush Limbaugh, was perpetrating the "biggest scam" on the radio audience, and was "getting away with it." So, ever since then, I have often wondered, Just what was that "big scam" that he was getting away with? Was Rush Limbaugh really not the person that he claimed to be? Hmmmm....maybe, maybe. But, I'll never know Oh, I have my own ideas, but I'll never know.

Now, Folks, you can take what I have just written for whatever it's worth....But, that is what I distinctly heard Tom Leykis say regarding Rush Limbaugh, back in 1988.

On a different note, I have mentioned before that I am a licensed Amateur Radio Operator---licensed in 1986. Now, as a person who is interested in electronic communications, and radio in general, I marvel at the technology that enables ANY radio personality to "syndicate" their radio show to hundreds of radio stations across the country, whether I agree with the personality or not. It's MAGIC! Best Regards...

Ttich.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I started to listen to him back in the early 90s. I have listened to him ever since. The only one I see who is close to him is Tucker Carlson. We need more Limbaughs.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Like him or don't like him...One things for certain...the dude died with a networth close to $600 million. Would of been nice to of been a beneficiary!

• minimus
    minimus

I’ve heard the Tom Leykis story. If Rush didn’t believe in his conservatism, he sure fooled a lit of people. I really don’t believe that story.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    Decades ago I used to listen to him. One job I had was in a master bedroom of a home, I was bringing my tools in along with the radio. The lady was holding the front door open for me, and I casually mentioned I like to listen to Rush.

She stopped me right there, and said, "Not in my house"! And she was not joking. I took the radio back to the truck. She happened to be the top dog of the League of women Voters in the county.

Once he quit the comedy on the show, I lost interest in him.

His greatest comedy was when he was on TV in the evenings; Clinton was attending the Commerce Sec. funeral, and the camera's caught him laughing with his buddy. Once he realized the camera's were on him, In a split second, Clinton changed into wiping tears from his face.
  • TD
    TD

I listened to him faithfully, back when he was funny and am truly sorry that he has past. Seventy is not exactly young, but it's not old anymore either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit