Being a jobo. It's not the same as it was.

by punkofnice 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I've been hearing this from what I'd call 'dyed in the wool' type jobos.

'It's not the same as it was a few years ago.....'

I believe from what comes back to me via my spies -

The dyed in the woolers are referring to how the GB are now blatantly pontificating threateningly it seems, about wanting money even from children, all the time.

They refer to how apathetic the 'ministry(tm)' is now. Not to mention the apathy trolleys (carts).

They refer to the old days when a CO was a kindly, more christian type that actually seemed to care. not to the self important company men that bully the congregations now.

They are referring to how, once upon a time, a Jobo would be prepared to debate their beliefs unlike now where they run away.

They are referring to how there was more of a camaraderie in congregations, rather than the vile and hateful conditional love that now prevails.

I know. I saw it in the 60's and 70's. Yes. The Jobos were always a nutty cult, but even dyed in the wool Jobos are seeing a real shift from love to indifference and hate.

Oh, yes. I'll admit, it has always been a cult of changing doctrines, dangerous and weirdo beliefs.

Do you think the hate and greed of the cult leaders has ramped up? ......any thoughts from you, my friends?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There was a public talk recently where the speaker listed the things that could cause people to leave the truth, and the one he focussed on was, "all the changes we have seen recently in the organisation." He talked about people missing the group studies, the new cart witnessing, and the move toward downloads and away from printed literature. He said the changes have discouraged some people

I've heard people say they don't like Lett or Morris on the videos, that Jackson didn't do well at the ARC, and more talk about the abuse scandals generally.

I only have limited exposure, but that's what I've heard.

Not heard any comments on the ice cream money video.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    SBF - I only have limited exposure, but that's what I've heard.

Pretty much the same here.

No smoke without fire.

That was interesting what you said about the recent talk.

"all the changes we have seen recently in the organisation." He talked about people missing the group studies, the new cart witnessing, and the move toward downloads and away from printed literature. He said the changes have discouraged some people

I'm know the ice cream money video disgusted some jobos according to my spies.

I wonder if the talk followed a script or it was a personal observation from the speaker?

Eeeeeeeeeenteresting.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

All the changes may wake some up but there are those like my family who see all the changes and think it is wonderful how easy Jehovah is making it for them now.

They are happy to do cart witnessing and to be able to click on scripture in the watchtower rather than actually looking them up. They love the videos as they are easy to watch rather than study. They are still happy to blindly follow.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

mcte - It's interesting you mention videos. I hear that they now show them to 'householders(tm)' rather than talk much themselves (?)

my family who see all the changes and think it is wonderful how easy Jehovah is making it for them now.

Ah, the path of least resistance.

Tis a shame.

• Confusedalot
    Confusedalot

An elderly sister once asked/told me: "Do you know who uses the internet......pause.....satan da deval, that's who".

Now it seems to be the go-to place. Luckily that change results in JW's being more exposed to other information. I know they drilled jw.org into them but still one or two miss clicks and you could end up here!

• careful
    careful

Do you think they will develop "Bible Study" videos?

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Maybe some are waking up due to the changes but the majority will stay firmly in it, especially the older generation. My friend (she's 69) said the recent WT study about giving up your riches upset her and her husband as they give a lot of money and now they know it's being used for the wrong reasons (ie compensation in court cases) but despite that they will still continue to give anyway.

It doesn't matter what the WT do or what they change, people like my friend will always go along with it.

(I wanted to take issue with the 'used for wrong reasons' because compensating an abuse victim is the least they can do, but thought I'd better shut up and let it go.)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

confooooooozedalot - Good grief. that poor old gal. Perhaps in a strange way she was on to something. Not that I believe in God or Satan...but....y'know.

Careful - They probably already have. They probably start with a hypnotic pattern.................

Image result for hypnotic pattern

• Finally Left
    Finally Left

I am from the "older" generation, in for 43 years. Seeing the changes was very disturbing to me. Older ones have more to reflect on and it seems to me it should be easier for them to wake up. For example we studied typical antitypical for years and now none of it is true. I told the elders that visited me it is impossible to keep up with the chariot because it does complete turn arounds. How can you be going one direction and oops - that was wrong! Let's go this way now! If it was ran by Jehovah it would be smooth sailing! I don't think they liked that much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit