Hypocrisy of JW Thinking After Tragedy Like Paris

by freemindfade 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

In other words, "God will solve the problem of [starvation / warfare / crime / etc.] by slaughtering 99.9% of the human race."

Yes, and it reality this seems to be recurring theme with Jehoober. He seems to be a terrible project manager. Isn't this the same god that decided that in order to kill a few million humans it was appropriate to kill 99.9 percent of all animals and 100 percent of all vegetation on the planet?

Hail the leader of major f*ck ups!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

After the tsunami, I heard the same comments..... So I simply replied to one brother "oh well, at least they will get a resurrection and will avoid being killed at Armageddon".

It just hit me, that going by this logic, JWs should instead be hoping that large amounts of people be killed now, so that at least they have a chance to live in pariah - dice. This means that it would make more sense for them to pray that more of these attacks happen and in larger scale.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    It just hit me, that going by this logic, JWs should instead be hoping that large amounts of people be killed now, so that at least they have a chance to live in pariah - dice.

Except they also need to believe that worldly people are so evil that they deserve to die at Armageddon, so it becomes a bit of a catch 22.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Except they also need to believe that worldly people are so evil that they deserve to die at Armageddon, so it becomes a bit of a catch 22.

i'm not sure i understand your point, but i'm fairly certain that most JWs dont' think all worldly people are so bad that they must die at Armageddon.

• Zoos
    Zoos
    redvip2000
    i'm not sure i understand your point, but i'm fairly certain that most JWs dont' think all worldly people are so bad that they must die at Armageddon.

Then, with all due respect, you weren't paying attention at meetings.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I believe the point Red was making was that a lot of JWs would say that "Jehobo will judge their hearts and not kill them" when the big A comes. This was basically a technique to ease their cognative dissonance. As Blondie put it when I first came on this board: Not a JW teaching.

There is nothing in any JW publication that states such. So this is your typical JW speculating so they won't really have to consider they want their next door neighbor, the kids teacher, and the grocery clerk murdered just because they were smart enough to avoid the JW cult.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Events such like what just transpired in Paris the other day, JW's hypocritically get into somewhat of a ''hype''. Or an increased level of enthusiasm, despite the loss of innocent lives and countless others who have been injured. Innocent ones who were blindsided by a terrorist act, the JW's seem to be in an enlightened frame of mind they almost seem ''celebratory like.''
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

JWS should acknowledge they have more in common with isis than many people.

Two ways people will get to the panda petting zoo by jw reasoning, 1. Becoming a cult member or 2. Taking the big dirt nap. They way I see it JWS should thank jihadists for insuring people wake up in paradise. It's sick but when you think about it that's what it is

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Jw's for the most part are unaware of what police,pilots,military and firefighters call "Situational Awareness" they are to be pitied.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit