The Trump/Biden Debate Is On Today

by minimus 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

The moderator was awful and biased. Many of the questions were slanted and negative toward Trump and then had extra softball bits added when posed to Biden. He also came to Biden's defence on more than one occasion when Trump had him on the ropes and even rescued him by reminding him what the topic was about when he was clearly lost and going off in the wrong direction.

Biden outright lied about his son being caught taking money from China and Russia based on daddy's VP position and his being booted from the army for taking cocaine. Laughable that he started talking about is other son to try and make out there was no substance to it.

Even worse though was the moderator repeating the thoroughly debunked "Fine People Hoax". This is criminal malpractice for a debate moderator and they should have to air an apology to set things straight.

But they won't. It's all part of the blatant media bias against Trump.

Biden looked weak and tired. Often confused. All he could do was set rehearsed clips to camera.

There also appears to be footage of a wire running under his jacket, so it's possible he was being helped by someone, which would explain the occasions he stared into empty space, like he was listening to instructions.

• Quandary
    Quandary

The most troubling and sad thing we heard in the debate was:

“Proud Boys- stand up and stand by”

It’s hard to believe that we have a president that supports and gives credence to white supremacy instead of simply stating ‘I strongly denounce and condemn all such groups’. Why can’t he say the right thing?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Quandary - how does Trump 'support and give credence to white supremacy'?

• minsky
    minsky

As long as there are liberals goodwins law will hold true.

Do you have an opinion about the substance of the debate?

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

The different sects of Evangelicals are setting aside their differences and joining to set a record in support of Trump after it was apparent that the Democratic Congress members showed their disdain for "Christianity"

USA is 70% Christianity.--LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTi1xoXJvD8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZePF7Bjx7Rs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The most disorderly, vitriolic, disrespectful, unstable presidential public debate ever .

Wasn't impressed, the moderator at times seemed biased against Trump which just fueled things up even more.

The format was not controlled or presented properly .

Personal attacks were coming out at all angles, it was like watching two neighbors fighting a cross a fence saying bad things about the other neighbor and their families.

I think a panel of three or more moderators would have been better and maybe timers for the candidates to speak and respond to questions.

• minimus
    minimus

It was entertaining to some degree. It didn’t look “presidential “ but I don’t think Trump cares about that image. He wants to win. He beat up Joe to assert himself immediately. I think he purposely and unapologetically did what he did and will do it again.

It is his way of survival

• Simon
    Simon
    The most troubling and sad thing we heard in the debate was ...

No it wasn't. First, it doesn't compare with "Antifa doesn't exist" but Trump was saying what they wanted, the moderator interrupted and ASKED him to say what he said. Here's the transcript:

Why can’t he say the right thing?

He already has. But suckers like you fall for and spread these "fine people hoax" claims.

Now, why couldn't Biden disavow the far worse violence from the left that he claims to control completely?

• Simon
    Simon

Note the slip-up from the moderator too - "proud boys need to stand down and not ADD TO the violence" they have already seen in those cities. i.e. he knows they aren't the cause of the violence that has been happening, that's all been "Antifa", the group Biden claims doesn't exist.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

agree with those saying that Wallace was somewhat biased against Trump, but to be fair, Trump made his job extra hard, so I think at some point Wallace was just frustrated with Trump.

Also I think that by constantly interrupting Biden, Trump actually saved Biden at times. The best thing you can do with Biden is let him speak.

I think Trump had a poor night. Trump needs to capture some moderates and this is not how to do it. Winning a debate against Biden is the easiest thing in the world. Trump did much better against Hillary which is silly because Hillary is fully lucid and is smarter than Biden.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit