The Trump/Biden Debate Is On Today

by minimus 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Interesting debate, in the end nothing of substance came from the Biden camp. I don’t think he answered a single question straight, didn’t condemn Antifa or BLM, even claiming Antifa didn’t exist.

Trump kept interrupting but the question format was basically spoon feeding Biden an answer and then not allowing any response from Trump on any of the contentious issues.

I think they went very soft on Biden, especially on the Antifa/BLM issue, it started to go somewhere when talking about the riots but right as Biden was in the middle of saying he didn’t really support the anti-police movement, it seemed like the moderator got something told in his ear, he was abruptly cut off by the moderator and he decided to move on to the next topic.

Every single topic, Trump asked Biden a pointed question, Biden couldn’t answer, started stumbling and looking over his script to find an answer, Wallace “next topic”

At one point Wallace started debating Trump on ObamaCare and even though Biden interrupted about as much as Trump and called the President names, Wallace only criticized either Trump or both of them at the same time.

• TheListener
    TheListener

In my household of dubs who tend to lean Trump (secretly of course because they're neutral!) it was decided the debate went to Biden; and they weren't happy.

I felt that Trump's attitude won't help him with undecided voters and moderates but Biden may have lost Bernie followers.

In the end it probably won't change the polling we've seen to date.

I was hoping Trump would lay out more of his plan for the country.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

This is a culture war and Trump is astute enough to realise he’s not changing any minds and getting Biden leaners to switch to him. Turning out his base in great numbers is Trump’s only path to re-election. Turning out his own base is also Biden’s path. He said specifically that he did not support the Green New Deal, condemned violence and insisted he was against defunding the police. That hurts him more with the Left than the handful of Trump leaners he may have convinced. Biden obviously had a different strategy in mind and it probably would have worked had Trump tacked to the centre. He should have identified Trump’s strategy early on and tacked hard left.

• minsky
    minsky

I agree with Anony Mous. Biden was confused and constantly needed to be rescued. He came across as very weak, as a shell of a man. Trump was strong, forceful and in command of facts. When Biden was cornered, he resorted to ad-hominem attacks and a few pre-planned lines, which I suspect was written on his papers.

• minsky
    minsky

I disagree with those who feel the debate did not have substance.

For instance, I am excited to learn Trump has a plan to lower drug prices by 80-90 percent, and make insulin as cheap as water. This may sound unrealistic but it isn't. Most drugs are in fact very cheap to manufacture and the price is kept artificially high. This is the true purpose of Medicaid, ACA, etc. European countries are not that different, it is just called something else.

A nurse and a bed is not that expensive in an open economy. Medicine (currently) is. If all public healthcare was stripped away and drug prizes was lowered as Trump suggests, the result would be the cheapest and best healthcare system imaginable. All that is possible in the next 4 years with the new court, which is why democrats are scared.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

@minsky:

Drug prices have ALREADY been lowered in the US since Trump took office! Insulin is about as cheap as water, I know because several of my diabetic friends have told me so! Other heart medications, etc have come down significantly. Trump needs to hammer that success home, repeatedly.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

The one who will WIN the Presidency will not be based on this debate, but it will be determined by reigning in on fraudulent voting. So far there have been MANY who have been caught harvesting voting ballots and the Republicans refuse to arrest and jail anyone. In this regard the Republicans are weak. The Republicans need to change their attitude and FIGHT BACK DIRTY.

That's the problem with conservatives in the USA---they still depend on the GOD of the Bible for justice.

You can't beat a cheater by being honest,

At some point you have to take a stand and fight back or you will lose everything.

I think the majority of Americans want Trump---but the Democrats will STEAL the Office of the President Illegally because plenty of Good men in Power did nothing.

Hope I'm wrong.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Here's a little recap of the debate where Trump calls out Biden on his son's getting millions of dollars---and asks Biden----"What did your son do to get millions of dollars from the Mayor of Moscow-----wife?"

https://youtu.be/_zMDN2vFzuw?t=2

• minimus
    minimus

Talk about Russian collusion. Lol

• minimus
    minimus

So here’s what I think. If Trump was trying to energize his base he did an excellent job. He exposed especially at the end Biden and his view of law-enforcement the green new deal, and other things.

If independents or undecideds were watching I think they may have wondered what the hell is going on it was a brawl.One thing you can say about trump you cannot out brawl him

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit