Former Jehovah's Witness admits: We targeted grief-stricken as 'ripe fruit'

by Londo111 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Sadly none of the PIMI JWs know about this in NZ.

• Ding
    Ding

This practice would seem to fit right in with the WT's view that they are offering the hope of resurrection to people who have only grief otherwise.

• Dagney
    Dagney

In my experience with death and their loved ones, (which is way too many right now), most people believe that there is a hereafter. What they are dealing with is the grief/sadness of losing the loved one.

The purpose of the JW contact in these instances is to (1.) count time, (2.) to make sure the grieving ones get the correct information about where their dead ones are.

We had a sudden and horrific death in our family which had tons of local and national media attention as well as politicians and with many communities. We experienced such an outpouring of support and love, it was unbelievable. The mother of someone involved in the incident was a JW. Her only contact was to send scriptures and tracts. I believe she was sincere in her concern, but equally entitled to get her JW message to us. It's just so different from the hundreds who wanted to just comfort, most believing our person was in heaven and around us.

It's the disconnect JW's have that continues to astound me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit