Smuggling

by lastmanstanding 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

The international assemblies are on... and the missionaries are coming home... and leaving richer.

I have, in all seriousness, been told by a CO that the missionaries going home have large sums of money hidden in their luggage as they go back to their assignments.

He related how one couple was almost caught with the undeclared cash as they passed through customs.

This has been going on for quite some time, the Watchtower using missionaries are mules.

I bet with all the Kingdumb Hall sales the pace has picked up.

• hoser
    hoser

The pedophile lawsuits can’t touch that money once it’s out of the country

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I call bullshit on this. Gimme a break.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Many cults have tricks like this and probably copied from each other's success stories. I'd be surprised if it wasn't true.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I find this very hard to believe , i think BS also.

Maybe the CO is deliberately giving out misinformation to discredit ex-JW sites like this.

• fulano
    fulano

So lastman, what is your statement. That missionaries are used by the society to smuggle money? Well that is ridiculous. Missionaries do have cash when returning after their five year paid trip. We had sometimes 4-5000 $ that folks gave us. That is not illegal, nor smugling.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Some disbelief... some justification...

You can take money out of the country, but by law, if you are taking more than $10,000 you MUST declare it.

Customs will actually count the money in front of you in a private room.

If you are even close to $10,000 you are scrutinized. If you have $9950 on you and your traveling companion has $50, they add this.

Do not presume to take $9999 and think you don’t have to declare it. If they find the money they will put in their own $2.00 and haul your ass away.

This is a fact.

As far as what the CO told me concerning the missionaries, you can chose to call BS if you want, but our CO sat right in my living room and related it.

I was PIMO at the time, my wife was PIMI.

I was not surprised ‘per se’ to hear what the CO related. But my ears did perk up.

He related how the couple were almost caught at Customs, but “Jehovah’s spirit saved them” of course. How “faith strengthening..”

Amazing the things a CO will blabber about after a good meal and a glass of wine.

The way he related it, this was a common thing, to load up the missionaries with cash for the trip out. He didn’t explain the purpose for the money, just the fact that they smuggled.

See “Seized” bullet two.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/typical-day-fy2015

• fulano
    fulano

Believe me then as an ex-missionary ok? What does a CO know about missionaries, they were and probably are footmen in our eyes. The cash of course is right but only for personal use and I knew any missionaries carrying that amount of money and there were over 30 in our assignments.

• tiki
    tiki

I totally believe it. They consider themselves above the law. I did an international convention tour in 1969 and our group smuggled truth books and green bibles into Spain and Portugal. They were gift wrapped and we had to carry them in tote bags and if questioned say it was candy we were bringing home to friends. Candy was the justification as the bibles and truth books were "sweet things" to those hungering for truth and righteousness. Then we were given local addresses to where we would transport the candy. It was quite the experience....both coutries had strict bans on jw activities. We were instructed not to speak a word even about anything dub as officials could overhear....and detain.....

So my friends....smuggling is nothing new or unusual. As for customs...we must obey God as ruler rather than man

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding
    Believe me then as an ex-missionary ok? What does a CO know about missionaries, they were and probably are footmen in our eyes. The cash of course is right but only for personal use and I knew any missionaries carrying that amount of money and there were over 30 in our assignments.

Hi Ful.

You said “the cash of course is right”... how much cash? It does matter.

And did you declare it? Who gave you the money?

What I am talking about is money arranged by the Branch, not gifts from old friends. And in excess of the legal requirements to declare.

You seem to poo poo the knowledge of a CO. That tells me you were not around the right people and not for long in the Borg.

The particular CO I speak of spilled a piece of info to me in the hallway of our Kingdom Hall not long after an event that I initiated. He had to be close to the ups to know of it.

I won’t mention what I did because it would probably get me in deep doo. But I will say everyone here would be proud to hear I did it. Though some would suggest otherwise, it was a nasty for the Borg.

But this CO, thinking he was taking to a “loyal dub”, related to me what the “evil apostates did”, not realizing or course that he was relating it to the “evil” in person.

In any case, he knew about what I had done not long after I did it. That gave merit to his expressions.

To suggest that a CO is not much more than a ‘window washer’ for the Borg I think is off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit