If you speak against the Governing Body you will be punished.

by punkofnice 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    No-Zom - Imagine for a moment, if the Governing Body had years ago encouraged the Brotherhood to sell their homes

Kind of reminds me of the 1975 fiasco.

BB - Was this printed in the article? .... I have my doubts.

Same here. I think it was some virtue signalling borgbrain.....or anally retentive as you rightly mentioned.

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

I'm in the middle of carefully planning my exit, and in doing so I realized something rather poignant that hit me deep in the pit of my stomach. If I critique the Bible, I will be considered spiritually sick. If I critique the Watchtower, I will be considered an enemy.

A far cry from the Biblical teaching that faith in Jesus is required to salvation (John 3:16; John 20:31; 1 John 5:13).

On a related note, during this past week's WT study (See paragraph 8- https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-study-november-2019/large-shield-of-faith/ ) our conductor went so far as to accuse apostates of splicing together audio recordings to attribute false quotes to the Governing Body.

The message here is clear: do not listen to ANYONE or ANYTHING that presents the Governing Body in a bad light, no matter what. No evidence is to be considered. No arguments to be heard. Believe only what the Governing Body tell you to believe, until they tell you to believe something else.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Jofi - You are right.

Image result for who you cannot criticize

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

OMG- I just read some of the other posts that I didn't get to before writing mine. Apparently, I'm faaaar from the only one who's made such observations regarding the result of criticism of God/Jesus/Bible vs criticism of WT/GB.

Also, off topic, I'm writing these posts in secret while sitting 1-foot away from my believing wife. I feel like a little kid sneaking sips of my parents booze right now.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Well the JW leaders from Russell and onward consider themselves prophets even correcting Jesus on 'this generation' . They should be judged on that basis

• newsheep
    newsheep

When I was fighting for my life fighting this beast of a cancer which required a thirteen and a half hour surgery and three surgeons that is when I found out that the org was a sham. ( Thank you Simone) Just before I went under the knife I had been crying because of what I had just found out. I'm still here today more powerful than ever saying to the joho's that come to more door " please come in". The last one left putting her hand in front of my face saying look it hun if anyone knows more about this religion is me. " All I did was try to ask her what she thinks of her org now with all the pedophilia law suits going on world wide and selling off of their kingdom halls. She said it was all fake news. Then she said she had to get out here and slammed my door. I followed her to her car group and asked why she did that and the car group was not happy with her. I then said maybe I need to call their headquarters and ask them since when did they get so aggressive and she sat back in her seat and shut her mouth. Then I said to them all if they can behave and not be so rude I would love to have them come again. They said they would be back so we will see.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Elders come up to publishers who are suspect and ask, "is everything alright?" They ask it and keep asking it. The minute you express doctrinal or child abuse concerns you are probably on your way out. EIther that, or you will have your privileges clipped.

Yes, this is their new way.

But there are still some who get away with doing exactly what they want. But they don't stand up for what is right. They are just super rich and/or well connected.

• LV101
    LV101

The GB Goon Squad shall have no other gawds before them - (much less Jesus) but nothing new in life as many egg/sperm donors and people in general are of the same mindset.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Jofi - Join the gang, mate.

Joen - They are self appointed usurpers of god, not that I believe, but, well...you know..........

New Sheep - Good for you. I hope you are well and truly bristling with health now.

Anna M - there are still some who get away with doing exactly what they want

Usually relatives or those with money.

LV - Sadly, the bum-heads I got involved with were the Jobos due to being born in. People are a let down. Like John Lydon said, 'Heroes. They're all useless in the end.'

• JoenB75
    JoenB75
    It true the rich men are usually elders. The reasoning is probably that they are used to having big responsibility 🤭

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit