When Was The First Time You Ever Got Drunk?

by 1234 14 Replies latest jw friends

I was 20 years old and at Bethel for just a couple of months. I was really depressed, as I was finding out what Bethel was really all about. I drank a whole bottle of Cold Duck, after a long hot subway ride back to Brooklyn. They don't even make that discussing stuff anymore. The story is all in my book "New Boy"

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I was about 15-16 and went to a 'witness' party with 2 other 'good jw' guys! Needed that liquid courage to talk to the 'good little jw girls'!

just saying!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

there were no first times--just plenty of last times.

one i can recall..jw friends of mine--in Birmingham UK--were caretakers of an office block. each christmas they were paid to host a big office party for clients and guests. i was about 16--and helped out as a barman. this was in the late afternoon of xmas eve. i was supposed to do a talk at the KH ministry school that night.

i never made it. i was found passed out stone cold--pissed--on the floor of one of the lavatories--hugging the bowl and covered in my own cold puke.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

It was like, well, ahhh, let me try to think, it was definitely a long time ago, from what I can remember.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

If I'm not mistaken it was at my 10 year wedding anniversary, so that would be at age 31.

We celebrated with family and (JW) friends at our place.

Drank beers and (spiked) sangria from 8pm til 3am when all (but one) friends had left. That wasn't even the real issue. I was just buzzing a little bit.

Then the one friend who was left - and stayed at our home for what was left of the night - said, while already on his way to bed: "Too bad there aren't any beers left."

We still had 3 quarters of a bottle of the gin that was used to spike the sangria, so I told him jokingly "we can finish that bottle ;-)"

"You know you must never dare me"

"I dare you"

15 minutes later that bottle was empty, and soon after my bedroom changed into a fast spinning carnival ride.

I'll skip some details. Rest assured that shortly before passing out I managed to quickly push my meeting shoes out of harm's way.

When I woke up it was 3pm, and I was not feeling well. Unfortunately it was Sunday, and I was scheduled to read the Watchtower.

I had to call in sick. "Guess I'm coming down with the flu or something. Headache, feverish chills, nausea...."

No more gin for me. (Not that that helped me when German police took me in custody years later ;-)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Unfortunately alcohol abuse is a problem within JWS , there is a lot oppression imposed upon JWS but the one thing they can do at least is booze it up. ........and they booze it religiously.

Ex JW Memes — #Bottlegate memes

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I really cannot remember the first time, but it was without doubt in my early Teens,and an embarrassing number of times subsequently. The funny one I remember was when we were staying at a friends Apartment, just the wife and I , we had no kids then, and the guy whose Flat it was ended the evening of long drinking by us sharing a bottle of fine Whisky.

In the morning, I visited the Bathroom/Toilet, as you do, still thoroughly pissed, and forgot the door SLID, I tried to pull it open, in the process managed to pull the handle off, and fell back in to the Bath, laughing like an idiot !

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The latest information from health sciences is that any alcohol consumed is damaging to your health.

Your not going to hear that from any of the JWS GB leaders though especially from Anthony Morris.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yea, good advice, but as my Bro. in Law says, about my drinking and smoking , " Well,.... at least he will die happy". !!!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I was about 10. My grandparents had made wine from quince for the adults and juice for the kids. It was really good but I didn't notice the bottles had swapped and drunk a whole cup of wine.

After that, I think the first time I was drunk outside my parents' control was ~16, severe trouble with abusive stepfather, I went outside school for lunch and went to the bar to drink and play pool. I came back to school drunk several times, around 17 I got expelled from school for drinking too much and passing out on a school trip. I got a note that "your son has a drinking problem", the parents were sure a summer of pioneering would resolve that, during that time, I went to birthday parties of people I met on IRC and various clubs and raves. Until ~20yo I was a heavy drinker, that got better after my first divorce, but continued until I left the JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit