Anyone else from N.California here yet?

by jelly 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Hi La Capra,

Nice to know that I am not the only poster from Sonoma County. How long have you been out? I left in 1984.

Athanasius

• gumby
    gumby

Rem,

God bless Humbolt county... . Love them Trees of Mystery!

You talkin bout the same "trees" that we are talkin bout Rem?

Gumby

• La Capra
    La Capra

Athanasius, it was in 1987. Just last month I got a shepherding call. First one ever... Shoshana

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Hi La Capra,

Interesting that the elders want to make a shepherding call after all these years. I had been away from meetings for 4 years when the elders formed a JC to investigate my membership status. So when the elders call on you they will try to reactivate you or try to purge you from the membership rolls. Of course it depends on how strict the congregation is. I hope that all goes well for you.

Athanasius

• La Capra
    La Capra

I D.A.ed from my childhood congregation, 15 years ago. I am living in a town about 30 miles away. I'm not sure how they found me. I am unlisted, my mother would NEVER tell anyone where I was living. I am a teacher at a local high school. And I have the feeling that one of my students may have witness family from my hometown, and my name on a report card was recognized. Icky thing, though is that they probably had to go to public records to track down if I owned property, to find where I lived. It was very unnerving for them to come to my door and tell me they knew who I was, and that I was disfellowshipped...They said they had received a letter that I was living there (letter my ass). I calmly asked to see the letter, since it clearly contained false information, and that if I knew who wrote it, I might be able to clarify why the person would want to lie about me. Of course, there was no letter. I got their full names-wrote them down when they said them. Then I repeated that they had libelous information, and if they made any statements based on it, they were on notice that it was untruthful. Then I walked them out to their car and made sure they saw me writing down their license plate number. This was not a "purging our rolls" visit. This was a thinly veiled attempt to intimidate me should I ever think of getting vocal. This could have an effect on my professional standing as a teacher, if parents for "religious reasons" don't allow their children to be in my class. This also had a profound impact on me personally. I was physically ill for a few days, and it upsets me still to think about it. Shoshana

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* I was just remembering...Driving along and listening to the college radio station.

Mr. DJ: "To all you good folks up in Panther Flatt...we have reports of a long line of sherriff's vehicles and a little black helicopter headed your way...be careful and good luck!"...

God bless the hippies!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Checking in from ....Party Town USA...CHICO

-BONEZZ

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

bonezz ... nice! you should host an a-fest in your hometown on st pat's...;)

• avishai
    avishai

That'd just be a puke a fest, tink! Eventually, anyway, but it sure would be good, sloopy drunk fun!!!

My favorite memory of the yuba city assemblies is being 5 or 6 & shuffling on the carpet & shocking people, also "writing" on the faux velvet chairs. Least favorite memory? being the same age & staying there til 10 at night w/ my elder dad.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

hehe, you gottta love green beer, avi! ;)

i always hated the murals of the paradise at the yuba assembly hall, personally. and the whole place was entirely too peach for my taste :P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit