Just Got Dubbed..

by snugglebunny 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

"I kind of wonder what people on this board be saying if he walked straight past you and said nothing. Perhaps damned if they do and damned if they don't would come to mind."

Perhaps it would have been less odd if the JW would have just walked up and said "Hello" instead of pointing out the obvious that he wasn't going to shun snuglelebunny. As it was, this seemd more like a backhanded reminder that snugglebunny was someone on the outside and was in a position to be shunned yet the JW was going to be noble and speak to him anyway.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Nice to know you haven't changed too much after so many years !

I wonder....do you think he was looking for an opening? A kindred spirit, perhaps? After all it must be very disheartening for dubs that diddly squat has happened so far....103 years and counting.

Sounds to me like someone who knows he was wrong holding out an Olive branch.....(?)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SNUGGLEBUNNY:

I think he was just being nice.

Maybe he longs for the good old days in the religion and you reminded him. Alot of the nice old timers are gone!

• hybridous
    hybridous

Better late than never.

Maybe the sentiment expressed is no real solace to the OP, (and maybe his absence from your life no real loss, either!)

Nevertheless, I have come to view every act of rebellion and disobedience to the Tower as good signs.

May there be many more to follow...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

What a bizarre thing to say to someone you haven't spoken to for years. If he would never ignore you why is it he is only saying hi now? As someone else said why not just say hello like a normal person.

I have had a few interesting close encounters in the supermarket myself lately and I 'm tellin ya the further away I get from this cult the more strange and bizarre their behavior appears to me.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    I'm not trying to belittle your experience here, but I kind of wonder what people on this board be saying if he walked straight past you and said nothing. Perhaps damned if they do and damned if they don't would come to mind.

He didn't have to walk past me. He'd been sat at a table close to the exit and after he'd spoken to me returned to join his wife who was still seated there. His manner was somewhat didactic. I got the impression that he was looking for a response appropriate to a repentant wrongdoer. Having been happily married for 40 years + and having brought up several fine kids I doubt if I'd take kindly to someone finding fault with my life now.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Agree with joe. When I was waking up I made a concious effort to acknowledge the DFed and inactive I came across. His manner may have been awkward but I think it shows that there are those in the org that struggle with the exclusion of those who are DFed or inactive.

I get the cynicism over some of these acts but better that than a perpetuation of cult tactics IMHO.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'm more interested in the soup, if I'm honest.

However, do you think this bloke is an undercover 'apostate(tm)' and making contact on a 'mentally diseased(tm)' gang basis?

• I quit!
    I quit!

So if my calculations are correct SnuggleBunny you left about three years before the world was supposed to end. Forty plus years after that fiasco this guy is still there hanging around the Kingdom Hall sucking up the latest lies. You're still here enjoying your soup. Still no sign of Jehovah's magic kingdom. I wonder if it ever crosses his mind how he has wasted his life chasing a ridiculous fantasy.

• Saename
    Saename

punkofnice is right. Let's talk about the soup.

What kind of soup was this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit