Just Got Dubbed..

by snugglebunny 20 Replies latest jw friends

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

So there I was earlier today, enjoying a spot of lunch in a pleasant little cafe whilst out shopping, when up came a fella I vaguely recognised from the dim and distant past just as I was tucking into my Highland soup with bread roll and butter.

"Hi!" He said. "I would never ignore you you know".

"Eh? What" I ventured wondering WTF is this all about. Then I remembered. He was a dub. And he had gone out of his way to seek me out to tell me that he wasn't ignoring me!

I mumbled something hoping that he'd just go away, and he repeated that he would never not speak to me. So weird. I got the boot at age 26 and now at 71 I'm supposed to be grateful that some dubby has acknowledged my existence.

Bloody ruined my soup it did.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I would have asked:

Oh ya....Where have you been then since I got the boot at 26?

I'd follow up with:

Would you really risk being disfellowshiped by talking to me?

If so, are you an apostate yourself?

• cobweb
    cobweb

Its impressive he recognizes you after 45 years.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    I got the boot at age 26 and now at 71

Is that the first time a Dub has spoken to you in that almost 50 year stretch?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

JW: "Hi!" "I would never ignore you you know".

Snugglebunny: "More is the pity".

• jaydee
    jaydee

This guy is about your age as well then ?

You know, getting a bit older, thinking about the inevitable,

maybe he was just trying to be nice

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

So he wasn't a broth of a boy, then?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I got the boot at age 26 and now at 71 I'm supposed to be grateful that some dubby has acknowledged my existence.

Some JWs are more than obsessed with having the last word in everything. Even if it's 45 years after the fact.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    Is that the first time a Dub has spoken to you in that almost 50 year stretch?

I live in the territory of my fathers old congregation and have done so for over 30 years. When I moved back here a number of elders came around to turn me back to Jehovah, unsuccessfully I might add. This fella was one of them.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I'm not trying to belittle your experience here, but I kind of wonder what people on this board be saying if he walked straight past you and said nothing. Perhaps damned if they do and damned if they don't would come to mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit