How Do You Get Most Of Your News?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I read a lot on online. I regularly read Fox News, the Drudge Report the New York Post and local newspapers and local newscasts.

Where do you get most of your news from?

• jp1692
    jp1692

I subscribe to The Flip Side.

They provide regular, email summaries of both sides of important current issues and events—from the right and the left, Republican and Democrat—in a format that can be reviewed in about 5 minutes a day.

Additionally, I am a regular consumer of extra-national news services (e.g., news services that are from outside my country of origin, which in my case is the USA).

It's challenging to deliberately read news and "news" reports from sources which are often highly biased, but it seems to be the only way to try and sort through the bullshit to get some sense of what the hell might actually be happening.

It's notable that almost everyone this is highly biased on current issues only consults sources which confirm their pre-existing beliefs and biases (see Confirmation Bias).

This is bad for anyone, but it is particularly egregious for ex-cult members such as ourselves.

• minimus
    minimus

Jp , thanks for pointing out the way.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I check both Microsoft news page and various sources such as YouTube and Natural News. None are perfect--Microsoft is biased toward the Establishment, while YouTube is subject to misinformation due to people coming to the wrong conclusion. But at least I can learn to see through the mistakes (many YouTube videos) and lies (the Establishment) and find the truth, to more or less degree.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WTWIZARD:

All the idiot news outlets are biased one way or the other and I agree it is best to see several news sources.

Read between the lines to ‘glean’ whatever truth you can discern!

• minimus
    minimus

The news media have always been a bunch of jackals trying to surround themselves around their prey. Never talk to a reporter and expect that what you expressed would be reported accurately. They want to sell their news.

I wish all networks would simply report things without a slant and let us make our own conclusions without prejudice.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Over here I turn to ghe BBC first, sometimes Sky and I like to see some of the foreign news available on t v .

Such as Al Jazeera, France 24 or Euronews. On the net I check google news and Apple News, but I am careful as to their sources. An article is only ss good as the paper that printed it.

No one news source can be relied on to give a totally unbiased, even coverage of everything you need to know , so I keep an eye on multimedia news sources

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Fox News and MSNBC primarily.

I mentally take the information from the right wingnuts and left wingnuts, throw it into a mental blender, and come up with something that hopefully resembles something close to reality. Sort of like oil and vinegar, mix them together and you come up with salad dressing.

Both of those channels have a good show or two and a few good reporters but by themselves, both networks have at least 90% biased jackasses.

I really wish there was somewhere to get the facts, not everything so heavily flavored with varying degrees of opinion.

Rub a Dub

• minimus
    minimus

How I long for Watchtower News! Do you remember that??

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Fox News, RT America, The Federalist, Breitbart, National Review

If three out of five of these carry similar stories, you know it's true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit