How Do You Get Most Of Your News?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

I agree with your post and feel that BOTH FOX and CNN are biased!.. They are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

A person needs to jump around and see a little bit of everything and then make a decision.

• minimus
    minimus

All I can say is I try to stay away from fake news or news that is purposely said to slant an opinion. Just give us facts, all of them!

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

For Australia, I mostly just read news on the ABC website. I know it is slightly leftist/progressive (similar to BBC) but it is fairly comprehensive. If there is anything controversial, political, etc, I would check other news sites, or I would hear by word of mouth.

For international business news; CNBC and Bloomberg.

For other international news, generally BBC website, or sometimes I happen to see CNN. I am fully aware that they have a slightly leftist/progressive agenda but for 90% of issues, that doesn’t matter. For USA news, I might go to USA Today, or some site like that. I have watched Fox News on live stream, but I find it painful; lots of adverts that are irrelevant to me, and lots of commentators trying to tell me what to think.

For controversial international news, I prefer to go to newsnow.co.uk That is not a news site in itself, but points you to whatever Reuters etc are writing in relation to a particular event, and will also link to whatever important news articles written for media in countries such as Russia, Iran etc relating to such events, all in English. Often the news story itself is not as important as what other people think about it or what other people think has happened. It can be really eye-opening at times. It also shows you where some western media lazily copy their articles from, sometimes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit