1975—Were You Affected By What 1975 Was Supposed to Bring?

by minimus 73 Replies latest jw friends

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

The congregation that I was in leading up to 75, was a very small, very poor one. Every meeting just about really hammered the "End is Near" and how it's so much more important to be out in the preaching work than ANYTHING. Those of us turning 16 in the last few years before 75, were encouraged to quit school, and start pioneering. I was already living in a small boarding house, going to school and working part time. So the day I turned 16 I quit, and dived head first into the 100 hour a month pioneer service. What I really wanted to do was finish school, and go on to college to be an engineer!! OH god do I wish I had done what I wanted to do. Instead I stayed the course and jw land was it. I feel for it all hook line and sinker.

There was one young brother in the nearest KH to mine, that dared to go off to college. he was treated as if he was Df'ed, and indirectly talked about how ,unfaithful he was. He did very well in college, and for some reason stayed in borgland. After getting starting a very well paying career, all of borgland welcomed him with open HAND's reaching for money!! And he paid his way into the CO/DO work after leaving full time work at 40, with a big bank account. He had 3 kids that all left as they turned 18.

• RolRod
    RolRod

Nope!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Well if his parents didn`t believe in overlapping maybe he wouldn`t be here ,so he can be thankful they did.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I was in college in 1975 and the only thing I knew about Jehovah s Witnesses back then was that they were predicting the end of the world was happening that year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit