1975—Were You Affected By What 1975 Was Supposed to Bring?

by minimus 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

1975 was nothing more than a marketing strategy devised by the WTS leaders.

They intentionally pumped up the fear that judgement day was coming soon to attract attention to the literature they published and stimulate the proliferation of those publications to the public.

Of course they were not going to apologize after nothing happened , to do so would potentially expose the truth to their intentions.

The WTS leaders like to cut things from all angles when they do things obliviously wrong or deviously corrupt, they just say well we are imperfect men too.

There are other fear mongering charlatans around particularly in the United States where there is unregulated religious freedom in that country.

To note , all the money cultivated by these charlatans never has to be legally returned to those who gave them money. $$$

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Those who didn’t fall for Crazy Fred’s story about 1975 were certainly conspicuous by their silence during the years leading up to it. I don’t recall ever hearing anybody voice any doubts about the WTS official line on that date.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

After leaving the WTS/JWS for more than 30 years I'm still shocked and surprised how people get lured into this deviously corrupt religious publishing house, must be the indoctrination of pretentious calculating lies expressed as doing Jah's will and purpose.

People really dont read everything in the Bible, particularly the New Testament or the words of Jesus Christ .

The WTS since its beginning indulged itself in apposition to Jesus in apostasy just to proliferate literature and goat people into distributing that literature.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

My father became involved with the JWs before that time. Yet he maintains that it was NEVER promoted or taught!

He even says it was just "apostate lies".

It is amazing how they can conveniently re-write history and their memory when it suits.....

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I was a kid during that time and thank Jehovah, I never knew anything about this Wacky cult.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Sigh. I was 16 in 1976 when I got baptized. I remember the article about not pursuing secular education, because I would never grow old in this old system of things. Instead of accepting a full scholarship to college, I went to 'pioneer where the need was great'. The hype was real. They did promote the whole 6,000 years since creation. It is not all 'apostate lies'. I was there.

• new boy
    new boy

Of course the quote was "Stay Alive until 75!"

• sir82
    sir82

We folks who remember 1975 firsthand as JWs are becoming scarcer.

I was just a kid during the big build-up, and now I'm into planning my retirement.

For probably 90% or more of JWs, "1975" is just something they've vaguely heard about, "wasn't that when some brothers ran ahead of the organization?"

Most of the GB were just young adults, at most middle-aged, when it came & went.

Twenty years from now it will be little more than a legend, with only a few octogenarian JWs who lived through it, and who listens to old people? The myth of "brothers running ahead" will be cemented in place.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    I was a teen and didn't buy into the BS about knowing the year. I do remember that they quoted a scripture from Hez? that said something about "He, Jehovah, will not do anything without telling his friends, the prophets first." I thought that was lame. I do admit I caved to the peer pressure not to go to college. I went inactive instead, lol. Idiots. After 11 years the magnet of guilt pulled me back in. What a dope. Then I faded and went to college in my 40's. So YES, the hoopla screwed me out of an education in my youth, 18.
  • I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

I wasn't even a twinkle thought in my mother's mind. It would still be billions and billions of probabilities that my mom would decided to go to a convention not in her circuit just for fun, and by the same token my dad would also go to a different convention, and by some freaking chance, they bumped into each other and started talking. For some crazy reason they decided to stay n touch and many years later they got together and on a certain night, at a certain time, out of nowhere, I came into existence. And by the time I came out of my mother's womb, 1975 was over two decades in past history. All I know is 1975 has something to do with my parents, but not really sure what all the fuss is about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit