JW's opinions on bunker video

by neat blue dog 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The video goes that the reason the cops are after the JWs is because they changed their message from one of good news to one of judgement. How laughable!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I dunno, i wouldn't mind being locked in a bunker with this...

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

Here is the bunker of the seven "business class" air travellers :

• OverlappingGeneralizations
    OverlappingGeneralizations

I get so sick of hearing "they must know something" or "they must know it's coming soon". Even when I was an uber-dub, I would say "Jesus doesn't even know the day or the hour, so how could the GB?". Any speculation is simply that. That's one of the few things that is black and white in the bible- nobody knows when.

• blondie
    blondie

In the years prior to 1975, our book study conductor prepared us for how to witness underground.

Going alone

Calling only on one house/apartment in a block or territory

Using unmarked or not easily remembered vehicles

Put mud on the license plates

Changing your outfit, coat, scarf, etc. before going to another area

No book bags, keep any literature small and out of sight

Do not write on slip out in the open

Have some cover for doing something else in the neighborhood, visiting family or another jw

We were not very good, but we did it once a month until 1976

• rebel8
    rebel8

^This happened.Let's not forget that.

Metaphor, my ass.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

The way I heard from some old timers back in the 70's was that people would know that they are about to be killed wholesale by Jehovah because they didn't listen to the Good News that the Wt preaches and so they want to round up the JWs because they hate them and want to kill them for being on Jehovah's side of the issue of Godship because they preached about Jehovah's kingdom and so they are doing a house to house sheerch for those pesky JW and bring them to the police station where they can put them in concentration camps and kill them and torcher some into renouncing Jehovah by pulling out their finger nails unsedatedly or like Malawi Africa tie bricks to their balls and make them walk around the refugee camp and getting a naked JW women and naked brother tying them together to see if they will keep their integrety to Jehovah's requirement for life in his new system.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

This is manipulative fear mongering, feeding their persecution complex (and expectations). I grew up in the 70's. They will push this and push this and then say-HEY, we never drew any conclusions. . . .it is just all the weak minded sheep who bought into that nonsense-er, who read too much into it.

ORRRR, it couild be some awake people in the org who thought that the WT needed a real "jump the shark" moment to get this show OFF THE AIR (Thank you Fonzie, you knew it had to end sometime, right?). I think that JWs will take this in a lot of ways, but a good deal of them will be coming here and registering in a few months when they get their nerve up to do so.

Ok, I hope a bunch of them will! And that there is no "Joanie Loves Chachi". That was just WRONG.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

interesting thought, I have a feeling the R&F the ones that have a few brain cells clearly know the utter absurdity and stupidity of the videos, similarly many had thoughts like these with the madness of the Sparlock Wizard video, even I would have been pissing myself silently had I been a member of an audience watching it, like everything they release these days it has the complete opposite effect that they want it to have and a few months down the line it will be a distant memory to them, not to us though. Elaine has left and indisputable memory on me though, the prospect of being holed up in a bunker with her as Pale Emperor comments !

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

That do just enough to imply they are saying its close. But also not saying so years from now everyone can deny it. A rank and file told a friend of mine the end is near. Ask them in ten years why they falsely said something was going to happen and it's 1975 all over again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit