JW's opinions on bunker video

by neat blue dog 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

The so called bunker video isn't just getting attention here but among jws as well. I've heard my fair share of cracks, some half joking half serious about the prospect of the video playing out in real life . . . But something else I've heard is that the video was meant to be figurative, an illustration representing the 'interior rooms' or 'secret place' prophecies. Anybody heard this one before?

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

When discussing the video with local dubs, I refer to the men/soldiers who come in to the room/bunker as FBI.

For instance I say "... and when the FBI came crashing into the compound where the brothers are holed up, I thought for sure the 'Angel of Death' that slew the 185,000 would appear to protect the brothers and I was disappointed that the brothers would not get saved"

I use as many 'Waco Texas' references as I can fit in to the conversation.

Good to note that the dubs around here DO NOT want to talk about how that video ended. They want to forget it and create a new fantasy in their mind to replace it.

I am of the belief that most dubs wanted to draw a parallel between the ancient and the modern day, as has been the case in the past.

Perhaps, as time progresses, I will have the opportunity to hear from local dubbers, and to see how they felt about the application of the ancient story of the 185k slaughter and the modern application.

I personally expected that when they showed the hallway at the end, with the local authorities getting ready to make their move, that the Watchtower would have been creative and 'Jehovahs mighty hand would swoop in to miraculously save the day'....

I personally sensed dissatisfaction and disappointment on the part of the audience. And this disappointment is carried forward in the way of not wanting to talk about the video.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

All the ones around my area are pretty well shaking in their boots.

"Ooh. . .the "slave" is letting us know that the end is right here. We must be ready to get even closer to the org. and listen even more to anything the elders tell us to do."

Makes me want to knock on their foreheads and ask "Anybody home in there?"

• Saename
    Saename
    FedUpJW - "Ooh. . .the "slave" is letting us know that the end is right here. We must be ready to get even closer to the org. and listen even more to anything the elders tell us to do."

Yeah... It's not like the Governing Body has been doing the same thing for the past century...

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    the video was meant to be figurative

When JWs cannot face the reality of their teachings it all becomes 'figurative' and cognitive dissonance kicks in. Go figure!

ME (to JW trolley babysitter last week): How many years ago was it that Jesus said the end was close for true Christians?

JW: Um...

• smiddy
    smiddy

FedUpJW , that sums up my Niece to a tee ,drinking the kool-aid by the gallons.

The sad thing is , she has two teenage boys who so far give the impression they believe in it lock stock and barrel , or maybe that`s just for the parents benefit until they are old enough to flee the nest.

.However without meaning to be judgemental ,it would not surprise me if in the not too distant future , one or the other comes out of the "closet". ( not that theirs anything wrong with that ) it`s just that they both seem to have effeminate tendencys that I have noticed.

Their father always gave me the impression he was an old woman anyway.Whether that has anything to do with it I don`t know.

Just saying

smiddy

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Clearly all the witnesses in the bunker were killed, as we then see them looking the same age but in the perfected new world paradise...after all has been cleaned up of the destruction of Armageddon... Right?

• prologos
    prologos
    siar2: "Clearly all the witnesses in the bunker were killed, as we then see them looking the same age but in the perfected new world paradise...after

I did not see it, if there was a follow-up to the bunker, were the couples married ? if they were killed and resurrected they would have re-appeared as singles, if you could tell.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

It could be the GB have given it a few weeks for the implications of the bunker video to sink in with all the fear and desire to cling to the organisation that it engenders. Then they started to circulate the rumour that it's figurative to cover their backs about another failed prophecy while at the same time leaving that thought planted in the R+F that it might be literal.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    NBD But something else I've heard is that the video was meant to be figurative, an illustration representing the 'interior rooms' or 'secret place' prophecies. Anybody heard this one before?

Oh, puh-leeeeeeez. Then why didn't the rock star popes say it was figurative?

Did the video return invisibly.

I swear, those dubbies are really messed up in the mind as the cog dis ramps up to critical mass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrCPIrs90eg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit