Strange

by Jrjw 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

- Watchtower, November 2013 Study Edition, “Seven Shepherds, Eight Dukes,” paragraph 17

I think this was mainly put out to allow them to do what seems like improper financial decisions- taking money away, taking Kingdom Halls away, shutting down congregations, etc.

But as long as they already put it out there, they are going to use this kind of loyalty test over and over, not for the actual test of loyalty, but rather to introduce self-serving even more bizarre sounding decisions/doctrines.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

kinda makes sense, my wife who is very PIMI said something similar to that the other day. kinda like saying they will get direction sooner than later on what to do. she is willing to leave me and our sons. since me and the boys don't go, we are toast.

she also said she would drink the kool-aid if they asked her too. how f'ed up is this.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    OC It would seem strange all right - to give the green light to blood that has been made by human intervention but at the same time say that blood "made by God" isn't okay to be used

Wow. Thats fascinating OC, as long as its safe for them and we don't have the jw "human guinea pig" disasters of their previous bloodless/synthetic medicine tests.

I mean, wouldn't it be fantastic to know no more jw women in childbirth, babies and children will die whilst we're waiting for the cult's demise? I mean if it works? (Aren't these pharma companies fortunate that they have a ready source of patients to "practice" on? /s)

It's certainly could be the litigation free "way out" the cults been looking for.

• venus
    venus

When survival is the issue, one would do anything--things such as dropping importance of 1914 teaching, amnesty to apostates ....

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They must do everything they can to silence apostates at all cost. They will never have an amnesty for apostates.

Most JW‘s today do not even remember 1975. Those who do found a way to reconcile it via compartmentalization or cognitive dissonance.

Most are not even aware there was a change in 1995 about “the generation”.

The majority have no idea of what the doctor drawer that they “believe”. They are drones following the commands of a leader. They do not want to give up on their promise of everlasting life regardless of how unrealistic it really is.

If that sounds in comprehensible, remember you were there. So was I.

• Incognito
    Incognito
    That is, they would say that the Israelites were told to do something that looked crazy: go down into the dry Red Sea with the waters held back supernaturally. - Careful

Did Moses state he is imperfect and not inspired when he gave those instructions, or.did God visibly prove he was using Moses as his messenger?

• Confusedalot
    Confusedalot

I get the feeling it is preparation for the great tribulation - which is imminent (according to them). The abomination of desolation may be in, or closely approaching the holy place (according to them), and they may be preparing members for something similar to the 1975 disaster (which they claim was not their fault.)

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

What OTWO said. It's always about money.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The 7 paedophile loving rock star popes seem a tad confused. On one hand, they use 'new light™' to make sure they keep the money flowing in to them. On the other hand, I have 4 fingers and a thumb. they become immovable on hurtful rules that will surely get damaging media attention.

Things like the 2 witness rule™ which will no doubt continue be used to be used (even in Australia after the ARC I wager), to protect their precious, like minded paedophiles, which will lead to money draining lawsuits.

What is the game they're playing? Are they trying to ensure the jobos get persecuted? Are they hoping to go bankrupt? What have I missed here?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not

We all presume and indeed hope this is all GB bullshit to soften the r+f up even more into absolute obedience and 'voluntary' contributing. It does sound very sinister every time I read it but I suppose old men living in luxury are not suddenly going to force everyone to run for the hills. Where would their income be then?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit