Strange

by Jrjw 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jrjw
    Jrjw

A couple of times at the meetings this year we've been told that in the future we might get some strange directions from the society that might not make any sense to us. Then they've said will we show our loyalty to Jehovah by still obeying? Seems a rather unusual thing to say

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

The way they have been going the last couple of years anything is possible.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

It's scary isn't it??

Chilling.

With all the ramping-up of ''loyalty'' remaining ''loyal'' etc, etc, repeated over and over again at a$$emblies, repetition of words/phrases seems to work.

Yeah, it is scary.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Jrjw Perhaps start asking, "if these men are neither inspired nor infallible and are subject to erring in doctrinal matters, where are they getting these instructions from that won't make sense from a human standpoint?"

They do, after all, claim to be "imperfect men" when they f*ck up royally. So when these instructions they issue don't make sense to the rest of us imperfect humans, the same can be said for these men at the top who are making the rules as they go.

Why on earth would you want to follow orders from someone who they themselves can't make sense of the commands? This is a recipe for disaster.

"Loyal" isn't even the right word to describe it. It is reckless.

• hoser
    hoser

Sell all of your possessions and give us the money

• careful
    careful

I'm certainly NOT defending their words or position here. That said, they seem to have in mind the exodus from Egypt as a prophetic pattern for how the end will come. That is, they would say that the Israelites were told to do something that looked crazy: go down into the dry Red Sea with the waters held back supernaturally. It looked like suicide, yet it led to their deliverance.

Again, please don't attack the messenger here. But if you want to try and understand their perspective, that's probably it. I'm sure plenty of condemnation of this analysis will follow my post!

On a more current note, this MAY be an indication as to how they plan on "dealing with" the publicity if the record of their handling of the child abuse crisis gets genuine widespread press coverage, far more than it has. They could then just tell the R&F to not listen to or believe any of it, in effect, what they have been saying in the small way that the publicity has been given so far. In other words, they may be gearing up for "battle" in some big way, at least in their minds.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

“Drink life’s water free” remember that song...

Only the water is colored in real life

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

What on earth could the JWs be told that would seem to be "strange"?

I will take a stab at this. Just for fun.

Maybe they will be told that using blood made from stem cells is A-ok. You know, so that they can take advantage of those blood stem cell trials poised to begin any second now (have they started? about to? when?)

It would seem strange all right - to give the green light to blood that has been made by human intervention but at the same time say that blood "made by God" isn't okay to be used

Anyways, that is my prediction. Jus' because I am always focused on things to do with blood and all that - I say that the WTS is trying real hard to come up with a way to make that one fly - "synthetic" blood derived from stem cells will be on the "approved" list, if it isn't already

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

It’s called conditioning.

• jp1692
    jp1692

“At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.” - Watchtower, November 2013 Study Edition, “Seven Shepherds, Eight Dukes,” paragraph 17

FYI: The day they studied this article in January of 2014 was the last time I set foot in a Kingdom Hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit