Jehovahs Witnesses and Babylon The Great.Why the Emphasis on the R.C.Church and not on Islam.

by smiddy 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I figured it was because Jehovah and Allah are cousins or buds or brothas from a different motha or something like that.

Or, maybe they're rival cults and have a mutual "understanding" not to go onto each others turf.

Or, maybe the GB is scarewed of Islam.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovahs Witnesses and Babylon The Great.Why the Emphasis on the R.C.Church and not on Islam.

"Cuz They Chop Off Your Head and EVERYTHING!!"

"I Like My Head.....A Lot!!"
    Image result for Jw.org broad casting stephen lett

• Hecce
    Hecce

A while back I started a topic along these same lines; Earnest reminded me of this:

Earnest 23 days ago
    In 1990 the Watchtower Society published Mankind's Search for God, a hardcover book which had a 22-page chapter on Islam - The Way to God by Submission. This includes discussion on the Five Pillars of Belief, the Five Pillars of Observance, the Qu'ran, the Hadith (Sunnah), Shariah law, the spread of Islam, shahadah(confession of faith) and more.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5102650246823936/watchtower-islam

• Island Man
    Island Man

Why the emphasis on the RC church and not on Islam? The emphasis on the RC church is basically the tactic known as negative advertising. The RC church is Watchtower's greatest competitor and former/disaffected Catholics is Watchtower's greatest market. So it makes a lot of sense to them to bash the RC church.

Muslims, on the other hand, are not very amenable to Watchtower conversion. Unlike the Catholics, they use a different holy book altogether and their religion teaches them that the Bible has been changed by men and cannot be fully trusted so all the JW religious propaganda that is based on exploiting people's respect for, and deference to, the Bible - it's useless on Muslims. Watchtower has to work twice as hard to convert a Muslim than to convert a Catholic. They first have to convert the Muslim to trust the Bible before they can convert them to join the JW religion. It's just too much work. As a result, Watchtower is not too eager to bash Islam because they don't stand to benefit from doing so. Additionally, Islam-bashing could potentially stir up radical Muslims clerics to issue Fatwas against Watchtower resulting in JWs in Muslim lands being attacked and the religion being banned in even more Muslim lands than it is already.

Bottom line: RC bashing has never been rooted in genuine indignation for the wrongs of the RC church. It has always been a form of negative advertising geared toward stealing easy sheep from the RC market. Because it's so difficult to get sheep from the Muslim market they have zero interest in bashing Islam.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I don't recall the WTS publications ever saying much about any of the "Eastern" religions - whether Hindu, Muslim, Bhuddist, Bahai, Zoroastrian, Taoist, Confucianism or whatever.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Nor do they much about countries under ban.

• smiddy
    smiddy

resolute Bandicoot , welcome to the forum

Ruby456 ,Communism,Hinduism,etc have no connection with the bible or Characters in the Bible unlike Islam.

Orphan Crow ,Babylon the Great is the World Empire of False religion and not just confined to Christendoms religions.

Laika Their is a big difference of JW`s witnessing to local muslims in western lands ,how about they make a concerted effort to go to a muslim country and see how far they get. They do make the claim they have witnessed in all the inhabited earth dont they ? ( Except Muslim countries)

And how many Millions of people reside in Muslim Countries ?

Hecce/ Earnest ,Thank you for that reference I was not aware of that publication by the WT,however isnt the Islamic population now well over a Billion people ?

Island Man , You made a lot of sense.

Bungi Bill ,While i mention Islam and not any of the eastern religions is because they have no connection to the Judeo/christian bible like Islam does however obscure it may be.

They believe in Abraham as a prophet of God as well as Jesus however Mohammed is a greater prophet.

Jehovahs Witnesses dont single out other Christian denominations because they all spring from the Roman Catholic church and she claims to be the Vicar of Christ on Earth .

JW`s hold a special hatred of the R.C.Church as is still evident today with any JW that calls on your door.

Throw them a line and bait them and I gaurantee they will berate the Catholic church.

I thank you all for your replies.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

smiddy, Islam has as much connection with the bible and bible characters as do Hinduism and communism.

Communism like Islam takes it line of departure from the bible and christianity because of the way it is believed ordinary people were being corrupted and humiliated by greedy richer folk who had no morals. Both have their saviours and saving ideologies that intersect explicitly with the bible. Hinduism has had hundreds of years of interaction with the bible and its characters and used similar sacred biological themes and motifs. A more well known example is Gandhi and his writings about Jesus and his modelling of his own life on the terms of the Sermon on the Mount.

• Hecce
    Hecce
    Bungi Bill5 hours ago5 hours ago5 hours agoI don't recall the WTS publications ever saying much about any of the "Eastern" religions - whether Hindu, Muslim, Bhuddist, Bahai, Zoroastrian, Taoist, Confucianism or whatever.

The same book Mankind's search for God has plenty of information.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Islam has as much connection with the bible and bible characters as do Hinduism and communism - not so.

Even today, Arab Muslims refer to anal sex between men as liwāṭ, and call the people who engage in this lūṭi‎ (from Lut or Lot).

In addition to the story of Lot, the Quran speaks about the flood, Jesus, Israel and other matters and characters known to Christians and Jews.

OTOH, Hinduism and communism really have nothing to do with the bible and bible characters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit