The Watchtower and Islam

by Hecce 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hecce
    Hecce

A few times we have commented in the Forum about the lack of information in the Watchtower publications about the Islamic religion. We have to go back to 1951 to find a very comprehensive analysis of Mohamed and his religion That is in the book “What has religion done for mankind?”.

This subject is discussed on page 278 and chapter 22, under the title “Islam, Mohamed religion of submission”. The information is written with the Watchtower detailed style for those days and there is a lot of history to be learn in that chapter. One thing that surprises is that the final conclusions regarding Islam are very mild in comparison with the merciless attacks against Christendom at that time.

In the event that you will like to read the book I am listing a link and also the final paragraph of that chapter; just to give you an idea of the conclusions.

22 Mohammed's religion has not prevailed over

all religion, as predicted, even though it has such

an appeal because it is an easy or light religion

that makes concessions to human weakness . It

claims one-ninth of the world's population, or

250 million adherents. But it is divided into 72

sects or denominations, and today it is threatened

like Christendom by the world menace of international

communism. In this the final crisis of this

old world Islam has no message to offer distressed

humanity regarding God's kingdom of the Seed

of his woman for the blessing of all who turn to

the one living and true God, Jehovah. Let Moslems

as well as people of Christendom take heed to

Jehovah's words at Isaiah 8 :20, AS. Let them

study His Word in the Holy Bible and thus enjoy

the morning light of the new world.

1951 - What Has Religion Done For Mankind.pdf - da-ip.getmyip.com

• Snoochems
    Snoochems

Learning about Islam made me realise that being raised as a JW wasn't that bad.

The level of indoctrination & brainwashing in Islam actually makes the WTBS look like amateurs. Couple that with the support from their 'holy texts' for violence and domination, it is no wonder that every Muslim majority country has major issues with human rights.

• Hecce
    Hecce

Snoochems: thanks for your comment, both religions are full of submission and fanaticism.

• Hecce
    Hecce

One false expectation from the WT. Islam was more resilient that international communism; today they are the menace and communism is just another ideology.

and today it is threatened like Christendom by the world menace of international communism.

Another falsehood, there was no "final crisis"; it is impossible to count how many more with have had since 1951.

In this the final crisis of this old world Islam has no message to offer distressed humanity
  • Earnest
    Earnest

In 1990 the Watchtower Society published Mankind's Search for God, a hardcover book which had a 22-page chapter on Islam - The Way to God by Submission. This includes discussion on the Five Pillars of Belief, the Five Pillars of Observance, the Qu'ran, the Hadith (Sunnah), Shariah law, the spread of Islam, shahadah (confession of faith) and more.

• Hecce
    Hecce

Thanks Earnest

I have to update my personal study calendar.

I took a look at the book and it seems really comprehensive, lots of good material. One thing that I noticed is that it doesn't end with an admonition and judgement like the 1951 book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit