why won't legal department simply release all the secret pedophile files?

by poopie 94 Replies latest jw friends

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi Again,

I''m in the hall. Many of the friends have children but either over protective of them or they think we are built in babysitters...many that come in are single parents and they get love bombed and think wow, I can leave my child with Mr. & Mrs. Loving...some of the witnesses didn't even want any children but now they have them....you should see them at the hall...they looked whipped...D2D, letter writing, 2 meetings a week, spiritual homework, it's too much for them, but they blame the system not realizing the org. is keeping us so busy, we don't have time for our kids...

In the prison system if you are in jail for pedophile they call you Short Eyes....& they deal with you...& it's not pretty, they just may kill you....even a murderer looks down on a pedo's...what's that saying about us ?

Tor

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    think the list should be turned over to an independent investigative body to be evaluated for possible criminal proceedings against known pedophiles in the database.

In the US, doing that could violate the constitution and Federal law.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    In the prison system if you are in jail for pedophile they call you Short Eyes....& they deal with you...& it's not pretty, they just may kill you....even a murderer looks down on a pedo's...what's that saying about us ?

It is very easy for law enforcement, prosecutors, child welfare agencies to put anyone in jail or to kill them, or to destroy a person's good name, too bad if the person just happens to be innocent, the gov enjoys immunity.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The courts obviously want that information because it would prove the WTS was not disclosing these incidents to the police.

I wouldn't be surprised that the WTS threw out every piece of paper that held information of pedophilia within their organization, they already instructed all congregations to do so recently.

Its things like this that can potentially bring down an organization, the WTS is already hurting by its many false doctrines.

• John Davis
    John Davis

You also have to remember Watchtower is not under any legal obligation to keep any records on these issues at all. If they went into court with no documents because they never compiled any documents that isn't illegal.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

And if wt wanted to protect a perpetrator, why record the incident?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Fisherman: And if wt wanted to protect a perpetrator, why record the incident?

Well. Intentional or not, holding onto that kind of information sure gives somebody a lot of control over the one did something wrong, doesn't it?

Heh. I can understand quite easily how that kind of information could be valuable.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS held information about certain instances of pedophilia because that's what it does to each baptized member and one can assume that this information was held in the WTS's own legal department.

Every religious organization strives to make their organization squeaky clean. upfront and honest.

Its that we are righteous and wholesome thing.

If they went into court with no documents because they never compiled any documents that isn't illegal.

Good point JD

• cofty
    cofty

The WT doesn't want to protect the perpetrator.

It wants to preserve the facade of being a wonderful organisation. If that means pedophiles are let free to abuse more victims then they see that as a price worth paying.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I see their stubborn refusal as proof they know they've painted themselves into corner with stuff like blood, two witness rule and shunning.

It's possible that it's simple maths. WT's legal advice has been that releasing data and changing policies would open the floodgates to more liability suits and more loss than not releasing and not changing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit