JW old books and mags selling hot on ebay

by JimmyYoung 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• geodude
    geodude

When we moved mom into a rest home, she had a bunch of old, old, JW shit. I remember our hall (in the secondary study room) had books dated from before, during, and after World War I. THAT crap is probably worth a bit now...when I went to that hall for my dad's funeral, I noticed all of the old "reference" materials were gone, and the shelved filled with fake flowers. Ya know, don't want to "stumble" the newly brainwashed by showing them how these ridiculous beliefs were first incubated....

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

I remember we had a cute little library in our Kingdom hall that would sometimes be used as an extra room during theocratic school. No idea what books they had but i do remember a curious old Bible map with a dinosaur on 🤭

• Moster
    Moster

have a green bible with a dinosaur in the cover

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Moster,

Lol that is funny. I wonder what the makers were thinking. Young earth or maybe a smaller surviving dinosaur?

• RolRod
    RolRod

I made over 20K back in 2015 on ebay. Sold most of the JW books I had. I still have the original Watchtowers from 1892 to 1995. I'll be unloading them soon. Sold ALL the major books and booklets from the 1920-1975. Still have a box of the 192 page books from the 80s and 90s. I also have some rare items like correspondence from Rutherford and the original notes of George Fisher on his part of THE FINISHED MYSTERY. I'll eventually sell it all. ALL my pre Russell Adventist books, original William Miller, Nelson Barbour, etc

• Listener
    Listener

Rol Rod, what sort of corro do you have from Rutherford and was it published in any of the Watchtower publications?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

A few years ago now ,I was managing as a volunteer a Senior citizens OP shop where I live and somebody donated what must have been about a dozen WT / Society videos .

Apparently from some old person who had passed away and their family thought to give them to the OP shop.

.There was no way I was going to put them on the shelves in the shop so a co-worker who was no fan of the JW`s had them dumped in the trash.

And I had no problem with that decision.

• LV101
    LV101

I was under the impression the halls disposed of the old literature. Sure wish I'd kept mine - I was in very limited time but sure tried to collect lots of material. I read yrs. ago that a complete collection of the JW cult printings were worth thousands so probably worth much more today. Someone posted about yrs. ago on H20 -- maybe this site, not sure.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I have to create an ebay account.

I probably have a dozen large boxes of books from relatives of mine that have deceased. I was just never sure what to do with them. Maybe it was worth it for me to keep them.

Rub a Dub

• RolRod
    RolRod

Listener

Rol Rod, what sort of corro do you have from Rutherford and was it published in any of the Watchtower publications?

These were short notes that Rutherford would attached to letters sent to the Society asking specific questions on the Ezekiel portion of THE FINISHED MYSTERY that was authored by George Fisher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit