JW old books and mags selling hot on ebay

by JimmyYoung 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• RolRod
    RolRod
    LV101

I was under the impression the halls disposed of the old literature.

Back in the 80s I recall reading a letter to the congregation from the Society, the gist of it was about all the wonderful building work they were doing around the world, and that these headquarters needed a good theocratic library. They were telling the congregations to send in all literature prior to 1950, they specifically requested all books, booklets and magazines by Russell/Rutherford.

I was in the Bronx, NY at the time, and we had bethelites serving us, so they packed up the books themselves and took them.

In a conversation with Randy Watters, he admitted to me that the literature was destroyed.

RR

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    RolRod
    In a conversation with Randy Watters, he admitted to me that the literature was destroyed.
    RR

Perhaps they've destroyed enough now.

Sale ends in an hour or so.

'1958 Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained book. Released at the 1958 Yankee Stadium Convention (Assembly as called in those days)

Funds collected for this item will go to World Wide Work or Infirm Medical Expenses for faithful old timers.'

https://www.ebay.com/itm/126140909182

Can borrow the book here.

https://archive.org/

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I should have saved The book library that date back to the 1940s. 15 years ago I took the library out to the forest and shoot the hell of them to shreds

• LV101
    LV101

First time I noticed RolRod's reply to my post 😂. Great reply Rolrod wherever you are.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Here in the UK there is on Ebay Ray Franz's two books for sale, Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Cristian Freedom. £70.00 the pair though after I have viewed them I had an offer of £56.00 if I bought them within a couple of days.

The same seller had other WT books and they are not cheap.

George

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

My mother has a bunch of WTS books from around the 60s to present, including almost every one of the magazine collections from 1975 to at least the late 1990s. Many of the books had pretty well-worn covers, but the interiors are probably good.

I doubt I'll get my hands on them. For one, I have no interest in them. Two, when she passes away my sisters will be more interested in dividing up the spoils than I will. None are JWs, so I have no idea what they'll want to do with the books. But I figure there are a lot of older JWs with pretty extensive collections, and as they pass away their non-JW kids will either throw them away or make them available.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit