Kids being disfellowshipped

by Nikki collins 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• poopie
    poopie

These girls should be playing with dolls.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

People shouldn't get baptized in the JWS religion until they are of adult age 25 and up.

The power hungry GB members like to see teens get baptized by using guilt and obligation tactics, and yes you do see kids as young as 10 or 11 getting baptized.

There is talk by Anthony Morris up on YouTube supporting young teens to get baptized and show their devotion to Jehovah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MreJ8tLYIso

• Nikki collins
    Nikki collins

Getting dfd at 12 and 14 and having an entire congregation ignore you is beyond me.... i can't even. If that had happened in my congregation i would have left a long time ago

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

We should call it what it is - child abuse. Jehovah's Witnesses need to be confronted about this at carts and in the street.

Get them to defend child disfellowshipping if they can. Make them feel uncomfortable, those poor kids need us to challenge this disgraceful behaviour.

• Nikki collins
    Nikki collins

i agree! all i know is i would NEVER ignore a child, even if i was still IN i know i may have been brainwashed but i never would have shunned a kid, hell even if i was a regular pioneer, id openly support that kid

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Anna Maria You get a child to behave in a way its parents would disapprove of, then tell it to keep secrets or else - its a way to manipulate children. Add baptism into that equation...

Anna Maria OMG I’m so naive! No wonder it’s a paedophiles paradise! Perfect situation to blackmail a child into doing exactly what you want it to do:((

• St George of England
    St George of England

w88 1/15 pp. 24-30

Among those getting baptized were an 8-year-old girl who conducts two Bible studies with schoolmates, a 79-year-old man, and a 44-year-old quadriplegic.

This was back in 1988, there have been many similar aged kids reported in the YB.

George

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I wonder if a campaign specifically against the legal right of Watchtower to disfellowship children could gain momentum. Many argue that disfellowshipping in general is a religious freedom and shouldn’t be legally challenged by former JWs. What about DFing children? That seems more difficult to defend morally, and perhaps legally. If Watchtower was legally banned from DFing people under 18 I wonder how they would react.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Diogenesister - yes you got it. That's what I mean.

Add in that the law is there, not to bring about justice but maintain the status quo - wait for the status quo to change, ie child abuse gets legalised and no more problems for WBTS. They might even start causing problem for those who took them to court.

• Nikki collins
    Nikki collins
    slimboyfat

Now that is a campaign I could get on board with. Its absolutely child abuse!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit