Kids being disfellowshipped

by Nikki collins 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nikki collins
    Nikki collins

So some Ex-Jws and I were at dinner last night talking about how some of the ones baptized this year were so young. A few under the age of 10!! Can you imagine if a kid got dfd at that age.... would the congregation shun them? Would they be allowed to play with their friends??? So screwed up. That would ruin them mentally. Whats the youngest person you've known to get disfellowshipped?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Usually it takes until around age 15 or so. Puberty and discovering sex drive is number 1, and unhappily drugs or booze. They will indeed be shunned, given no support for maturing.

In spite of being bible based(sarcasm)the local boe may encourage kicking them into street or pawning them off on non jw relatives.

I have known a lot. A few smart alec snots make it all the way to becoming superfine bigwigs pushing their own way without getting caught

• Nikki collins
    Nikki collins

I just can't imagine ignoring a kid at the kingdom hall for being dfd. And why the heck would the organization allow anyone under the age of 18 be baptized.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Nikki

If you get a child to behave in a way its parents would disapprove of, then tell it to keep secrets or else - its a way to manipulate children. Add baptism into that equation...

Its a sad lesson to have to learn but all things in WBTS apprear to be designed to make everyone stumble and nuke the powers of reason. Its quite an education, one reason not to go to Uni - why bother? You get one heck of an education at the hands of the GB.

Why be a mere doctor or lawyer when you can be Oppenheimer?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Youngest I've personally known as disfellowshipped was a 14yo girl. I knew her from the Polish group - although she wasn't Polish. She was learning it as I was. (this was when we actually had a book study on a Tuesday). I remember her parents would still bring her to the circuit assembly and sit either side of her and wouldn't even let her walk around during the break.

I'm sorry to say that at the time I did ignore her too. Hope she's left.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Here is a smart 10 year old's response to pressure to be baptized.

https://youtu.be/26-oD9dV2TA

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

when i was in the cult i can remember they made a big issue about not baptising children--like other religions do. i got dipped at 14..without knowing any of the implications..to please parents and be one of the gang of others the same age getting dipped at the same time..8 all told i think.

i cannot imagine how they expect an 8 year old to know what is involved.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

That would ruin them mentally.

So true not to mention JWs can get mentally screwed up anyway without being DFed .

Tell kids that the world is going to be destroyed soon and all their non JWs friends at school and teachers, relatives who are not JWS etc are going to be destroyed soon and its easy to see how children can get mentally screwed up, all from this fear mongering apocalyptic cult.

Seen and witnessed that myself many times.

• James Jack
    James Jack

I was bothered by a 9 year old girl in Florida, who wanted to get baptized, we approved her and she was DF'd by age 14.

• poopie
    poopie

I know 13 yr old 12 year old both girls df whole cong shunned them including there peers wow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit