Kids being disfellowshipped

by Nikki collins 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zeb
    zeb

shunning a child? That is child abuse..

I recall seeing a little girl baptized and she was about nine..

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

What if they stop baptising anyone and just get them to take vows or sign contracts or the like?

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

What do you expect from a cult that treat children as little adults. There is no normal childhood. Being Df as a child is icing on the cake of the emotional abuse these kids go through being raised in the jw cult. At 65 years of age and a born-in I see this clearer than ever. Still Totally ADD

• Still Totally ADD
  • UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    Youngest I've personally known as disfellowshipped was a 14yo girl.

This makes my blood boil. What a despicable cult to put a child in such a position. Disgusting

• Nikki collins
    Nikki collins

UnshackleTheChains

I couldn't agree more! can you imagine shunning a 14 year old!! they are just a kid! thats child abuse not by just the parents but by the entire organization. Before i had only ever though of adults getting DFD but realizing that children too are victims, i wish everyone would freaking wake up.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

This happened to my brother when he was about 14 - and he wasn't even baptised!

Me and my brother.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Sometimes I really do think the WTS is losing its fucking mind.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The real reason why this push to get young people to get baptized is that when they do they can come under the power and control of the men who are higher up in the organization such elders to CO's etc.

Religion is game of power for men and some woman to play in.

Think of it as a socialized structure of master and slave role arrangement but the WTS leaders say well if you dont get baptized your unlikely to be in god's appeasement for surviving Armageddon.

• flipper
    flipper

I've been out of the JW's for 16 years, but I remember an experience I saw that made me so angry around 1995 at a kingdom hall. A young teenager had been announced over the platform as being DFed and a friend of this teenager- an elder and his wife's teenage daughter started crying over her teenage friend being DFed.

Right after the meeting this elders wife, the girls mother berated her daughter for crying over her friend getting DFed ! She started scolding her, " We're not supposed to cry or feel sorry for those who are disfellowshipped ! They deserve what they are getting ! "

I was so pissed off observing this from a couple rows of seats away. Made my blood boil. I'm so glad I'm out of this unfeeling, uncaring cult. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit