Witnessing: Turning the Tables on Them

by cruzanheart 21 Replies latest jw friends

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Cruzanheart, as expected, you always provide a breath of fresh air when it comes to many matters, as I can attest to.

Thank you.

Great strategy, and honest!

Honesty is being able to tell the same story twice: that you can, and always will.

I hope it will stir this person to rethink where they are at the moment.

Best wishes, I always enjoy your posts.

• freedom96
    freedom96

In the past, when a JW has asked me about going to meetings, I made excuses. Lately, the very few times I have come across them, I tell them that no, I do not intend on going back.

• rocketman
    rocketman
    Nonetheless, questioning the institutions is synonymous, for many, with attacking God -- something not long to be tolerated. Supposedly they are protecting God . . . . Actually, they are protecting themselves, their view of the world, and their sense of security. The religious institution has given them meaning, a sense of purpose, and, in some cases, careers. Anyone perceived as a threat to these things is a threat indeed.
    This threat is often met, or suppressed even before it arises, with power . . . . Institutions express their power most clearly by enunciating, interpreting and enforcing

Wow, like it was written with the jw religion in mind!! Awesome stuff Nina.

• cat1759
    cat1759

Thank you Cruzanheart for posting this little tidbit.

We are all where we need to be.

Glad to hear that your friend had a listening ear.

Cathy

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Nina,

I bet it felt pretty damn therapeutic talking to that JW. I'm glad you to the proactive approach.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Great post Nina. It sounds like you couldn’t have given a better ‘witness’ to your friend. It seems that following your, Ray’s, and others leads of treating a JW with love, and honestly being free of hate, and showing a genuine love for others, plus showing how one is happier out of the Borganization, is the best ‘witness’ one can give.

The very best way to burst their bubble is to have a happy, successful life, and let it shine through.

Coffee

Agreed

Most Witnesses assume that if you stop going to meetings you stop believing in Jehovah

Minimus

It’s sad that JW’s equate the two, isn’t it. It’s frustrating trying to get them beyond that line of thinking. Winston.

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

Great post, Nina! "Let's get out there and be a threat to people. Tell it like it is." Amen to that sister.Visit Smiley Central!

When people would ask me why I wasn't attending meetings anymore, I would usually be vague and say something like "I wouldn't want to stumble you with my reasons" and I would quickly change the subject.

Like you I'm getting fed up with hiding and not telling the witnesses the real reason why I left. I've nothing to be ashamed of, and I'm tired of feeling that way. Maybe if we did speak out others would say "yes I feel the same" and it might get them to think. This organization wants us to be silent, that's how they hide the injustices. They thrive on our silence and fear.Visit Smiley Central!

The next time that I meet a jw and they ask me why I don't attend meetings anymore, I'll tell them I left because my conscience wouldn't let me support an organization that mistreats people so bad. If they want me to go into detail, I will. I'm tired of hiding, the jws are sure in our faces it's about time that we get into theirs.

Hapgood

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

well done Nina

Honesty wins again

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    They thrive on our silence and fear.

Absolutely right. For a while I didn't go out of my way to tell anyone what really happened to make me leave either, but I feel like I've moved into a different stage of recovery, where I can stand up proud and tall about my decision, and I'd like to give others the benefit of my experiences. What they take from what I say is their business.

Besides, the truth is MUCH more interesting than any gossip they can invent about me!

Nina

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Hi, Nina. I think your the greatest. I really mean that! When I kept asking about your father no one would give me a straight answer.

Its so weird how it all happened. If you hadn't wrote that letter who knows I would probably still be going to the meetings. Really, your situation was/is the final straw for me.

You do know that I blame you for being an apostate don't you? I'm just kidding of course. LOL

I just want to say thanks to you for being an inspiration and pivitol in helping me open my eyes.

Merc'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit