My parents found out

by BlackWolf 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    BlackWolf - "...They told me I could still live with them as long as I fake being a witness..."

I'm not the least bit surprised.

Thing of it is, they know that you - and they - could probably pull it off.

Credit where credit's due, after all...

...the Org makes people very good at maintaining pretense.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

You're probably feeling extra awful right now since you just went to a convention. I cannot imagine. Ugh.

Use that as motivation, as if you needed any, and a timeline. Work every hour that you're not in cult related activities and save money. Money = options. Be determined never to go to a convention again so as to avoid this feeling. You have one year to kill it.

Focus on one thing, working and saving money. I bet you could save a lot in one year even while doing dub stuff. Work full-time. Don't be distracted by things they throw at you. Work, save, leave, live free.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

A lot of people are in but recognize something not quite right. Could be your parents. You have to consider the time and effort put into things all their lives, and some like the power. When it comes to blood kin there is a sudden moment when things get clearer as to actions.

Take advantage of what is offered at home, and ease out on your own. Some of the moral worries, money worries, are justified for all parents no matter what religion.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    road to nowhere - "A lot of people are in but recognize something not quite right..."

Oh, yeah.

I definitely remember when I first seriously began to suspect that there was something very wrong in "God's Earthly Organization" that - at the time - I couldn't quite put my finger on.

(Eventually I figured out that it wasn't actually "God's Earthly Organization", but that's a conversation for another time... :smirk:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit