What Congregation Scandal Still Troubles You?

by Sea Breeze 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

About 10 years ago this elder's young stud of a son got engaged to a sister his own age...before they tied the knot...this young stud decided his fiance's mother was a better catch...you guessed it...he dumped his young fiance....he wound up marrying the mother of his fiance...what a juicy scandal that was!

I hear they're still married.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

A bro within a past cong used all of his literature donation $$$ to buy his breakfasts and lunches on a daily basis from various fast-food establishments. Also, he had called over to his basement apartment (he lived with a couple of non-dub relatives) some of the young boys in the cong. It was discovered around 6 years later that he was a pedo--but an elduh and 2 MSs who he got along with very well didn't push the investigation until 1 of the young kids tried to commit suicide! The cong had a marking talk and he moved away from the area to another township; from there it was rumored that he relocated outside the US.

Further, a sister and her 3 children (1 girl and 2 boys) bullied a few other quiet/respectable dubs to have them squat in their homes. The kicker was that this sister and her kids lived in an apartment within a not-so-nice neighborhood, which was within another Circuit! They visited a plethora of congs to befriend and find out how various dubs were living. If the dubs were easy-going folks and had decent-to-very nice digs, they would visit them and hold hostage the apartment or house--until those dubs got off their asses to call the BOEs and the cops to get these crazies out and off their properties!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Nothing 'still' troubles me.

I've put it all behind me. Except a little indulgence on this site from time to time.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Doesn't trouble me but I still can't believe it. In the late 80s early 90s my congregation was looking for a new hall because the congregations were growing. The area had very little real estate so nothing was available. An elder was a realtor and he convinced the 3 congregations that met at our hall to buy a rundown home, destroy the home and build a hall there.

All 3 poor congregations poured in their savings and bought the place. The realtor elder said we should no longer tear it down, just repair it and use it as a hall. Brothers poured in months of time and money and the place looked like a papa e after a out 6 months.

Soon as all this was done the realtor elder and a few others went to the city to see about converting it to a kingdom hall. The town father's told them that the area was not zoned for that and they could not have a church there.

Well everyone was crushed... What would we do with this home??? Well the realtor elder offered to buy the house at the original price. He rented the newly refurbished house for 1 year and then sold the place for over 2 times what he paid for it

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Silentbuddah - No flys on that guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit