Believers: How do you know your view of your chosen holy book is the correct one?

by punkofnice 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Don't start fighting, darlings. I am genuinely curious. After all I was a Jobo 50 years and thought the WBT$ was 100% correct.

I ask this because I see that, for example, Christian denominations (or whatever), likely have differing interpretations of the same writing. All seem to claim to be the right way, with the right interpretation, or the nearest thing.....or perhaps live in hope...........

Is it fair to say that?

Believers: How do you know your view of your chosen holy book is the correct one?

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever
    This is something that has troubled me. I am leaning towards the view that no religion is the true religion. The Bible was written afore time for our instruction. No where does it say that you will need an interpreter. I now think that I should be able to read the bible and understand it and that where it says to"get out of her my people" refers to all religions who would have you follow them without question.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

moreconfused - Thank you. I agree. The messages should be obvious rather than open to interpretation.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

As its known just because one ancient civilization scribed fictitious happenings to support their own particular god doesn't make those works any truer or factual against other ancient circulation's propagations toward their god(s).

One thing that is factual and indefensible is that humanity's history is contained within various beliefs in supernatural beings which they believed controlled all which they saw and experienced.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

If GOD intended to communicate with humans, it would be a very open, irrefutable, undeniable form of crystal clear communication, for all generations, in a manner understandable by all the cultures of the world unanimously.

Why would he want to communicate to the Middle East herdsmen, during some ancient times, in a local language, when there was no electricity even?

• just fine
    just fine

I don't think anyone has the right interpretation or view. I think we all draw our own conclusions and beliefs based on our experiences. Religion stunts that discovery by drawing conclusions for us and proclaiming their conclusions are 100% correct, then many people stop exploring.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Finky - That's a good observation.

Ever A - Yes. Obvious should be the benchmark. The Chinese could already read and write when he allegedly communicated with grumpy bunch.

Just Fine - I agree. People that proclaim specail knowledge are either liars or deluded.

Any comments from believers?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think if any believer were to answer you honestly Punk O' Nice, (good Irish name that,)

they would have to admit in the end that it comes down to Blind Faith (Good Band that).

No religion can actually prove the truth of what they teach.

Blind Faith = Perfect Delusion.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Believers: How do you know your view of your chosen holy book

is the correct one?

"It`s Inspired by 5% Spirits!"

Image result for Beer Bible.Image result for Mug of beer

• JeffT
    JeffT

Simple answer: I don't. I'm always open to new thoughts and willing to change my position on something. I think that some parts of the Bible are there to makes us ask ourselves questions, not to provide the answers. I haven't been to church since 2009 which leaves me free to think whatever I want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit