What is the purpose of life?

by slimboyfat 583 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

purpose of life is to avoid death at all costs..!

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

nicolaou

Google?!

positivism
    ˈpɒzɪtɪvɪz(ə)m/
    noun
    PHILOSOPHY
    noun: positivism
    a philosophical system recognizing only that which can be scientifically verified or which is capable of logical or mathematical proof, and therefore rejecting metaphysics and theism.

Viviane says this definition is wrong. I want to know her definition.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    Viviane says this definition is wrong. I want to know her definition.

You are incorrect. I did't say that definition was wrong, in fact, I made no comment on it at all. I said YOUR claim was incorrect.

And it is.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

C'mon, you said with all words that my definition of positivism was incorrect.

Nicolaou just posted a definition identical to mine.

So what incorrect claim you're talking about?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I have to say John_Mann, I looked over your previous posts and can't see where your accusation against Viviane is coming from.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Nicolaou just posted a definition identical to mine.

Like hell I did!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

JWS answer = to live on into eternity in a paradise earth.

Doesn't that sound nice ?

Of course the ancients who were living at the time when this first ideological concept was presented also thought that this would be pretty good too.

When will this savior for all mankind return, its been over 2000 years now ?

• John_Mann
    John_Mann
    I have to say John_Mann, I looked over your previous posts and can't see where your accusation against Viviane is coming from.

She systematically said my definition of positivism was wrong.

And if you posted a definition identical to mine so Viviane doesn't accept the definition you posted too.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Well if theories about us being in a computer simulation hologram are true then perhaps the purpose of life is to gather more information and down load it onto a chip.

It could be just like the Buddha said to stop being reborn once one masters desire and stay in the diamond light and don't keep coming back ending all suffering permanently by ending desire.

• cofty
    cofty

"or which is capable of logical ... proof"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit